• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from Huntsville, AL

punishment23

Just wanted to say hey to everyone and will hopefully be buying my first M35A2 soon, that is if I can find one close enough. Take care and if you have any tips on what to look for when I go to purchase please feel free to clue me in. A big thanks to everyone

3dAngus

Welcome from Georgia. There is a lot of deuces running from out of Mississippi and Florida right now. You just missed the deal of a lifetime in Jacksonville last week. You'll get more right there in your own backyard, in all liklihood. They have sold quite a few from out of huntsville. Not sure how it works, and if they are done, so keep looing. Supplies of them all dry up next Oct.at the latest if I understand it correctly, so you better get them while you can. Good luck in the hunt. Buy quality. You'll enjoy it more than sinking a ton or time and money into your first one. These things can be money pits, even if in the best of shape.

punishment23

Thanks guys

I greatly appreciate all the advice and guidance. I have seen a bunch for sale with GL but no idea ab what to do or how to pay,tag,title,insurance etc. Which is why I have been so hesitant. Is it easy to find filters, motor parts, aftermarket replacements etc?

abh3

Welcome from Lower Alabama!

Title, tag and insurance isn't too bad in 'Bammy, if the truck is pre-1975 you don't need a title, just a bill of sale. If it's an A3 they might give you a hard time but I've already been through that with them, search for my old thread 'fun's over in alabama' for the details if the word hasn't come down to the local level yet. GL will likely give you a FL title if you pay for one, the probate judge's office will probably want to look at the VIN regardless of year or title situation. If you are the nefarious type this is where you might baffle them with BS as the ladies in those offices don't know much about army trucks. :mrgreen:

I've got farm tags on mine but I actually farm, some locales are more anal than others about farm tags. If I'm out just riding around I'll bring along a jug of gylosphate or something to say I'm bringing ag chemicals to the farm if a state trooper wants to get nosey... You might be able to buy a regular tag for the truck but you'll be overweight from the get-go while commercial plates are a pain w/ paperwork. Basically, the system is broken here as if you have a one-ton diesel pickup and hook your bigger boat to it you are technically illegal but neither are you commercial or farm, LOL! Antique tags are a problem as the law says they are for driving to and from a car show, period. This is another case where it's up to the law-dog whether it matters or not, there are lots of antique tags running around here but the car show is one day a year...

ALFA will insure these trucks but you might have to shop around, one local office here won't even bother to check while the other just up the road is more than happy to get my business, guess which one also insures my other vehicles? I'm not sure about other insurance companies.

Search this site for info on filters, parts, etc. I can get most things I need at the local parts house and there are plenty of suppliers that ship, check out the sponsors here.

GL can be a pain but just jump through their hoops, give them your credit card info, bid high & often and you'll soon have a Deuce of your own...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

There is a SS guy (can't remember his screen name) in Athens that used to have deuces for sale...not sure if he has any in stock.

PM me for his contact info.

I go to Redstone to preview and pick up stuff for myself and other folks.

I'm about 80 miles southest of there.

My reputation proceeds me.rofl

123mack

Welcvome from Jemison. The Dixie Division is having their annual fall rally at Tannehill State Historic park between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa 4&5 NOV.
We're also the host for the MVPA conventiov in 2012, which will be at the Von Braun center in Huntsville.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcvome from Jemison. The Dixie Division is having their annual fall rally at Tannehill State Historic park between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa 4&5 NOV.
We're also the host for the MVPA conventiov in 2012, which will be at the Von Braun center in Huntsville.
Kevin....we missed you at the GA Rally.......I'm going to try to make Tannehill this year and pimp off the stuff I didn't sell.

I'll be in the M915 with the van behind it.

punishment23

WOW you guys are handy!

I appreciate once again all the info and advice. I look forward to learning more about the dueces and hopefully the fun (not headaches) they can be. Ill keep my eyes open on GL and let you know something soon. Thanks again and ROLL TIDE!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks