• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North American T-28 Trojan

BigJay

Figure I'll help out with this forum a little....

I've been flying R/C aircraft for about 3 years. Started with helicopters (yes, backwards, should start with fixed wing) but recently I've become interested in airplanes. I'm starting with cheap foam models as I expect I will destroy a few before I get good enough to get a nice plane. But I do enjoy a nice scale looking plane. I started with a Cessna 210, then moved to a Piper Cub. Both were 3 channel planes (Meaning no ailerons).

Last week I picked up this T-28 to be my first 4 channel plane. I should maiden her sometime this week, just need to wait for a day with low wind.

To answer some basic questions that I hear at the park....
It is electric.
It will fly further than my eyes can see it.
It should fly about 15 minutes on one battery.
A battery takes an hour to charge.
It cost about $200.
Wingspan is 44"
It should go 20-40mph.
It's not ideal as a first plane, but people I've talked to said it flies good.

Wiki on the T-28: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28_Trojan

Link to the manufacturer's site: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ4475

-Jay

Attachments

Banshee365

Cool to see someone else in the r/c hobby on this forum. I've been flying r/c for 16 years (23 now) and giant scale aerobatics for about 5 now. I compete in the Unlimited class in IMAC and dabble a bit in helicopters when I've got some spare cash. Hoping to get a new 42% Extra 300 on the board for this years competition season when I can get up enough money to gather up some parts. Good luck with the Trojan.

-Kelly

1958 M274

I don't know anything about remote control aircraft, but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a ride in this one sometime this year. It is a beautiful aircraft! The owner, a long time friend of my parents, spent about 18 years restoring it. It makes our work on vehicles look simple. My Dad was a radial engine mechanic in the Navy, and it's something to watch him work on that 1820 cubic inch 1425 HP engine.

Attachments

co_rotorhead

The Navy trainer in the photo is from my old - very old - training squadron VT-6 the "Do'er Birds" - what a great airplane...can you say "torque roll"? Lots of rudder on take off!