• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK...I changed out the passenger side windshield on my 923A2 and still has gaps

Goobs

I know these are military trucks but I would like to be able to drive in the rain and not get wet and fill the cab with water.

I bought new windows from TMG and just installed the passenger side for now. There are gaps along the outside right edge. Any ideas other than just siliconing them up and not having them open?

To top it off, I broke the stud on the wiper motor and now need a new wiper motor. I used every kind of penetrating oil, freeze spray....you name it and it just sheared off the stud with the nut.

Anyone have a good working wiper motor they want to sell? or is there an alternative to these air/pneumatic wiper motors that would work? I saw one person selling a NOS motor for $175.00 and thought that was steep.

I had to stop working as I was getting really "ticked" off and didnt want to brake anything else.......aua

Goobswindow 2.jpgwindow 1.jpg

dmetalmiki

On the wiper front, Get replacement electric wipers. Much better and more reliable. The windows? well they should fit properly and the rubber seals surrounding them should seal any gaps, or something is out of shape. All mine shut properly and don't let water in.

Goobs

Between downpours, I went out and readjusted the window and got it to fit a little better, still has gaps in the corners.

Ill just have to build it up with weather seal foam or something.

Where can I get the wipers, any part numbers, websites, brands?

Thanks

Goobs

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same issue . Found out the windows are Korean made and noticed the track or hinge was not round but more triangular causing it to sit lower and leaving about 3/16" gap at top corners .

emr

I have never heard of an M series not letting water in around the windshields during rain, Ever . Maybe light rain with new rubbers, I have personally had 6 and all were the same,

dawico

If you put blue painters tape on the window you can build a seal with Silicone and not glue the window shut. Silicone won't stick to painter's tape.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weather striping is the cure. Have done both of my trucks works great and no one would knows it's there.

Last edited:

Goobs

Windows still leak. Im thimking Im going to silicone them shut. All I want is to drive it in the rain and not be soaked every time....Argggggggg aua

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Windows still leak. Im thimking Im going to silicone them shut. All I want is to drive it in the rain and not be soaked every time....Argggggggg aua
You are supposed to wear your raingear. If you notice, the truck is designed to be wet on the inside.

Goobs

If I was in the military and driving the vehicle, I would agree, you will get wet. But, now that it is a civilian vehicle, I want to make it as sealed as I can so I am not getting wet all the time when it rains......my bosses dont like me showing up at work like a drenched rat...........

I looked at it again and as someone stated, there is about a 1/4" gap in the hinge area at the top that has gaps all along the window. Im going to stop by Lowes and get some kind of weather stripping and put in there to gill the gap to see if that seals it up.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a set of three seals that seal the hinge area. They look less than adequate and they are. There is a 1/4" x 1/4" strip that runs the length of the hinge and a short but wider piece that goes on each end. My current windshield just had the long strip. I have a complete NOS windshield assembly that has all three pieces. Problem is the foam is not dense and about the quality of window seal you get at Walmart. It doesn't really seal but instead just fills the gap.

I would go with an automotive grade seal like in the picture below. Lowe's is just going to have home grade stuff. I get this at Advance Auto for about $12 for a 10' roll and have sealed up my current windshields at the hinge like you are trying to do, along with the toolboxes, between the windshield and dash and the bottom of the doors. Don't worry about the hinge screws getting in the way. It just seals around them too. Once you apply it, it's there for good.

I bought the windshield assembly for the glass and inner frame but will swap in the whole thing when i get time. I resealed my original until that happens. Even after properly sealing the hinge, bottom of the windshield and replacing the outer windshield seals I still get water down the dash during heavy rain. I just don't get hit in the face anymore. I expect the new one will do the same. :)

20150625_225901.jpg
20150625_225928.jpg
20150625_230009.jpg
20150625_231121.jpg

Goobs

I got some of that foam door sealer that you get at Lowes and I covered one side (that will face out) with silicone and letting it cure for a few days, then I will stick it in and see what happens. If that does not work, Ill try your suggestion Swamp Donkey. I thought about using automotive door weather seal. I have some leftover when I restored my 56 Chevy.

Thanks

Goobs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks