• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake switch mystery.

Bandit02

So I replaced my PB switch with the proper one as the jake switch setup was too sensitive to bumps.

I put the new NOS one in and it's acting backwards like it should be. With the brake off (lever forward) the light stays on and with the brake on (lever back) the light is off. I can clearly see the internal bracket arm contacting the switch contacts completely the circuit. The switch power/ground are working perfectly. With the lever down (off) the internal bracket doesn't touch the switch contact at all.

This NOS one I have is "normally open" type

I don't have my old switch, is this one the correct one? I bought it from ES and it said it was for the M939/M35A3 models. It seems if the switch was a "Normally Closed" type then theorically everything should work fine :S

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks