• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering fluid inside my truck from HydraBooster....

kentuckycucv

I put a new Power Steering pump on my truck and I filled it with Transmission fluid... Now I have a leak inside my truck from my HydraBooster...

I have always put transmission fluid in my power steering units.. Im wondering if I screwed up, and caused this leak? I know I have to find a new unit or a rebuild kit. Is a rebuild kit something I can get at the Auto Zone?

dependable

RE: Power steering fluid inside my truck from HydraBooster.

Power steering fluid is the right thing to use, but atf should not make it fail right away , Perhaps the seals in the hydro boost were just as old and tired as the ps pump.

kentuckycucv

I bought a new Hydro Boost unit from AutoZone. $82 bucks. It was an easy install. Thanks to you guys.
I have another question???? My peddle seems a Little stiffer than before. Is that normal or do you think I still have air in the lines. I turned the wheel left to right a few times, drove it 20 miles on the expressway and still the peddle seems harder than before.

Attachments

kentuckycucv

Ok the Hydroboost has been in now for a month and the peddle is kind of hard. I have to apply more force to stop than my old Hydroboost.
I am wondering about the gas charged device on the Hydroboost. What if its bad? anyway to test? Do you think this is why my new hydroboost is harder to work than my old one????

hobie237

Hard pedal would be a lack of air/water in the lines, soft pedal is the result of air/water in the lines. More force would also be characteristic of the lower amount of travel you're now using. Did you use DOT5 fluid with the new setup?

kentuckycucv

I never messed with the brakes or fluid. I just changed the Hydroboost. the only fluid lost would be the power steering fluid that runs the Hydroboost. I don't think I have any air or water in the system. I think all the air would have worked its way out of the power steering lines after driving it for a month.