• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question for epay sellers

04mustang

Hi,
I've been trying to list my hmmwv for sale on the popular auction site and keep getting a message. The message is below. I've done everything its suggested but still cant list it. Even if I directly copy other hmmwv listings from the same site I still cant list it. Has anyone else ran into this issue with hmmwv's and if so what did you do?
Thanks,
Corey

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try offering it for sale only in the US like the message says or maybe even contacting someone selling one and ask how they did it.

Bocephus

My first time listing one was a complete pain. I finally had to contact Ebay because of the exact message you are getting, and it was because I was using the term HMMWV or M998 in the title. Can't remember which one. But once I removed that from the title with the tech on the phone with me, it worked.

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have to add 11 zero's or all one's in front of your vin, fleebay will not recognize the 6 digit Vin as a valid vin, only 17 digits are allowed

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd contact ebay to get the correct answer.

I've never received the wrong answer directly from them.

04mustang

My first time listing one was a complete pain. I finally had to contact Ebay because of the exact message you are getting, and it was because I was using the term HMMWV or M998 in the title. Can't remember which one. But once I removed that from the title with the tech on the phone with me, it worked.
That was it, stupid algorithm.

Bocephus

Figured. I bashed my head against the wall trying to solve the issue. And in the end has nothing to do with shipping methods or anything like that.

Glad you go it listed.

Bocephus

I believe you can have word in the item description, so if you "include description" in your ebay searches, and he has it there, yes you will.

I also believe it has to do with category as well. Because you will see plenty of items with "HMMWV" in the title. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Action

I'm not sure I'd list the full VIN number anywhere online for securities sake. Does Ebay require it?
I see it all the time. I sometimes wonder why folks blur out license plates in pics. I can go look at your vehicle in a parking lot and get the VIN and tag number.

Bocephus

I see it all the time. I sometimes wonder why folks blur out license plates in pics. I can go look at your vehicle in a parking lot and get the VIN and tag number.
I wonder that same thing, haha. I see so many people list stuff for sale blurring out their plate, yet you drive around in public with it all day long. What is someone going to do with my plate number or vin?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wonder that same thing, haha. I see so many people list stuff for sale blurring out their plate, yet you drive around in public with it all day long. What is someone going to do with my plate number or vin?
I've always wondered this............. you can google a license plate and it won't come back with anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks