• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Mount PTO

patr

I have an M35A2 coming, and we mow about 100 acres of grass around our two airports that I work at. Is there a way to run a 540rpm PTO from the rear of the Duece to power a large bat-wing mower?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: Re: RE: Rear Mount PTO

well... you could make up a flange that bolts to the pinion on the rear most axle...

sermis

Have you thought about a hydraulic PTO running from a pump either from the PTO on the trans or from a pump on the motor. Sure about the 540 RPM on the batwing and not 1000 RPM?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

at 9mph the flange should be turning at 535rpm based on the assumption(big one too) that the tires are 38" tall and your speedo is accurate.

jeli

Re: RE: Rear Mount PTO

m-35tom said:
yes, tow a tractor behind it..................
Close...check and see what the HP required is for the mower. You may be better off mounting a small engine to it and dedicating it. You'll still need hyd to fold and not sure how you will tow it. If it's a single pin great. If it's 3 point back to the drawing board. The problem you mmight have with hydraulics is keeping the engine rpm high enough to get the flow but still maintaining drivability. I have a similar problem with my farmall cub. PTO on the back side of the clutch which means everytime I use the clutch the mower is disconnected. I'm going to use a seperate gas engine to drive the mower.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MB4/94 said:
Sounds like you should have got a Unimog instead of a deuce.
Or an Agri-Jeep!

derby

Why not get one of these,A/C,heat,power steering,quiet cab,radio,130+hp,top speed 22mph.After you get your deuce you will know what I mean.but if you gotta do it with a deuce why not gang mowers like the golf course.You can mow alot of grass at 56 mph!

Attachments

patr

We've got tractors; I just think it would be fun to do something with the Duece! Yes, a Unimog would suffice, but I like the Duece, and its 1/4 the price!