• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing and installing a soft top on a m925a2 ?

Goobs

Hey all. I did a search and didn't find anything.

The stitching on the front of my soft top is coming loose and I need to take it off and restitch it.

Is there a YouTube video or step by step here on how to do it?

sorry if its a stupid question but I'm a new b

Thanks

goobs

Alexsha

Easiest way for me was to unhook all the little clasps on the sides of the top then slide the back up out of the vertical channels, then take the whole top to the side to get it out of the front channel.

To repair you can take it to a place that has heavy duty sewing equipment and they can stitch it back up. I used pop rivets and double sided 3m tape.

dawico

I removed mine the same way. It helps to have soldier b there to get it down and for reinstalling it.

I drilled out the holes in the plastic channel and sewed it back together by hand. I also did the rear window by hand. I do not recommend it though unless you are cheap and get bored.

Amer-team

The guy at the upholstery shop did mine. He charged me 25 or 30 bucks, did a great job, and it should be good for another 15 or 20 years.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boat shop charged me almost as much as a replacement. Once you get the top curled over the hood, you slide the plastic pieces with the top to the side out of the channel at the top of the windshield.

Andrmorr

I found it helps to shoot some liquid dish soap in the channels before removal/replacement to keep the plastic from binding in the channel. The liquid soap is thick enough to float the plastic slider and will wash away and not attract dirt like a grease would...

While you've got it off you might want to repaint it to restore color and improve water resistance... does anyone have any tips/experience on repainting a faded top?

Amer-team

I have a tan top and for cleaning, carwash and hot water wouldn't touch the little black mold stains. So Bleche white white wall cleaner and a good scrub brush and a few hours later and it looks nearly new. There were a few rusty spots on the tan cargo cover and no amount of scrubbing took them all the way out, so a few light mists of the appropriate Desert tan paint and it looks very good. My truck sits outside a lot and am noticing a few black spots reappearing. May scrub it and hit it with Thompsens Water seal. When I was young we used to do this to all canvas tent repairs, so am not sure on the vinyl, but it is used to seal concrete, wood, and other things and is a very good product.

Goobs

Thanks for the info. I'll need to wait till its not 29 and icy out. When it's off, I was thinking of hitting it with thompsons or some sot of scotch guard stuff for patio furniture.

Goobs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks