• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Right side windshield glass ( 5/8 -3/4") thick glass

BLK HMMWV

Hi I'm looking for a few pieces of the thicker glass for the passanger side front windshield. I believe it is 5/8 to 3/4 ".
I have a few driver side pieces and just need the passanger side.
Does anyone know were I can find them.
Thanks
GW

BLK HMMWV

KsM
The problem lies in the laminate.
It's not glass on both sides there is a film on the inside of the glass.
If it is reversed now it's film on the outside.

Size wise they are the same shape but it's the laminate.

Thanks for the thought.
GW

nattieleather

KsM
The problem lies in the laminate.
It's not glass on both sides there is a film on the inside of the glass.
If it is reversed now it's film on the outside.

Size wise they are the same shape but it's the laminate.

Thanks for the thought.
GW
What??? I worked as a glazer for a few years so I know a little something about glass...I did both home and auto at the company I work at.

The laminate film is in the middle. You have two pieces of glass sandwiched together with the safety film in the middle. So if you have a piece of glass that looks like say D if you keep the outside to the outside and turn it over end then it will look like Cl (ok you get the idea) Now if your worried about the button (the little logo in the glass) then that's a different story. If you went to a glass shop and asked them to passinger side using the one of the driverside you gave them they would just flip turn it end for end.

Even if HMMWV glass is like you said if I just rotate the glass 180 degrees the glass would still be on the outside would it not?

D O Cl

Trying to show a visual of roataing the glass with D being the correct position O being at the 90 deg positiona and Cl being 180 degre. Squint and it looks better... :lol: LOL

BLK HMMWV

The thicker glass is not just 3 layers.
The layer that faces inside is not glass and is easy to scratch .
If it was to be installed backwards you would have the glass layer on the inside and the composite , plastic or whatever it is on the outside.

The gaskets that encase the windshield glass are clearly mark as to what direction they are to face.
I could probably have them made if I need to I was hoping to find somebody that already had some OEM pieces.
I have found someone with driver side glass but so far no passenger side glass.

Thanks for your reply

nattieleather

Ok... I understand.... I had to go look at a picture of a HMMWV to get my head fully wrapped around this. I was thinking that windshield was like that of other MVs were left was the same as right like the letter D example I used. Maybe I should have used ( ) instead, But after looking at a picture head on I see that you can't turn it rotate it 180 degrees to meet the curve but would have to flip the glass thus making inside out and outside in. Ahhhh now I get it... :)

BTW here is the pic I pulled up in a websearch that I used to get my head on straight. I'm posting it just for fun.
http://vislab.it/img/prototypes/hmmwv.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks