• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Roanoke Va Inspection

wbdodgeiv

I am having a time getting inspected around Roanoke, VA. The place I normally go, who is very "good" about inspections, won't pass my M35 because the glass is not DOT or ANSI marked, no marker lights on the bed, no reverse lights, and they claim I have a leaky axle (which I don't.)

They want me to add a ton of non-original parts and my glass guy thinks they are being ridiculous about the marking, I am getting one replaced anyway as it was cracked, but it won't have a mark on it unless it is cut from the corner of the sheet.

I know there are other trucks in the area that are road legal, where did you guys go?

wbdodgeiv

'67, they wouldn't listen when I told them that as an ex-military vehicle it only had to comply with what it was equipped with when it passed the military road test. They would have nothing of it. Several other shops made up excuses why they could not inspect it, no jack, not enough people present to check the lights (WTF)...

hoop

Lay the windshield down and take it in. You do not need one.
Some places here want bed marker lights. I added them..not a big deal.

§ 46.2-1057. Windshields.
It shall be unlawful for any person to drive on a highway in the Commonwealth any motor vehicle or reconstructed motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, registered in the Commonwealth, which was manufactured, assembled or reconstructed after July 1, 1970, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with a windshield

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks