• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seeking info EMU-10/U

electra

Long time lurker, first time posting....I live near Nashville, Tn. I have searched and found little information on this unit...it is for sale in my area. All information I have is what is shown in the pictures I'm including. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.01212_hOLgcwmC6wD_600x450.jpg00o0o_eWH52iBvgUA_600x450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac-1

I can't help other than to say in the mid 1960's the DOD generator procurement system was crazy, with some contracts being for very short runs for special applications, others being built by the thousands. The resulting logistics nightmare was one of the main factors in establishing the MEP series of military standard generators starting in the late 1960's.

bmwsyc

I have the same generator, although that one looks to be in better shape. I have found the manual for the engine (a military variant of the quite common wisconsin vg4d engine). I have not found a manual for the complete unit unfortunately. Buying it can be risky, the unit has an electronic choke and governor, which might be tough to replace if it goes bad. I like mine, but don't know all of the capabilities of it as I don't have a manual. I've heard that Consolidated Diesel was absorbed by Cummins, so they may or may not have information...I have not given them a call yet to check, did e-mail them and they didn't recognize the EMU-10 name, they suggested calling a local Cummins dealer with the Consolidated Diesel model number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks