• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

tiny110

Banned
I'll put it across the local cat scales when I got back. It came out to just over 40,000 pounds. Considering as heavy as it is it feels pretty good. I'm used to 53 foot trailers so a 40 foot seems to track very well. Im happy with it so far. But I have not had very much of an opportunity to drive it. When we went and picked it up from hooks tx we also picked up a 5 ton van. I pulled the van back with the deuce. And my buddy pulled the trailer back with the 5 ton.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Cool trailer 116A2 frame.
I like the boxes on the front.
are they drawers?

What are the plans?
Nope just storage boxes and it's on a A3 frame, everything above the frame is aluminum. I plan on using it to haul 2 M1030B1 bikes.

t0mills

Did a little offroad testing with my newly acquired trailer today. Had to see how the cruiser climbs with a 1500lb anchor attached. Does pretty well. The climb pictured was a LOT steeper than it looks, and the ground was loose (old creek bed). Took me a couple tries even with front/rear diff locks engaged.

Looking forward to building this trailer up!

Attachments

t0mills

t0mills: Nice work, Did the surge brakes giveyou any fits while towing it down hill?

No issues with the surge brakes when going downhill. There was a point, where I had to back it up a small hill, and I could feel the brakes working against me.

Yesterday was just playing around to see how it feels offroad with a trailer. Once it's built and in actual use, I'll be a lot more cautious with my lines to try and avoid any backing on the trails.

okconcealed

New guy here with a couple of M105A2 questions. I just p/u one on GL, waiting on first EUC to process. I am planning on taking my flat bed trailer, behind my Avalanche, to pick it up in Hooks, TX. Inside with of trailer is 15'. Will the M105 fit? Also, Once I get it home, I plan on pulling it with my '86 M1009. Is this trailer too much for the M1009?

91W350

That is one wide trailer.

A M1009 is too light in my opinion for a 2750 pound empty trailer with no brakes. It is like towing a medium sized car around, only the center of gravity is way up there.

scranch18121

a 105A2 should be pulled with a deuce. has air brakes. your post gives the impression your trailer is 15' wide. it will fit on a 15' long trailer. the question is.... how wide is your trailer?. a m101a2 trailer would be better for a m1009.