• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shutoff solenoid M931A2

Ever since I've had my truck it has to crank a bit before it starts. so in the beginning I changed fuel filters and didn't help. so further messing around with it we tried pressurizing the fuel tank and no help. so I just put up with it for a while. So last few months after it was warmed up from driving it and then shutting it off somewhere I would get in the truck and start it and it would fire up a little quicker but would shut right back off. but if I hit the starter switch again as it was dieing it would take off again and be ok. getting ready for Rausch Creek rally I decided to put new rubber lines on everything and new orings in the tank selector valve because my hoses were cracked pretty good. while in the shop messing with it I noticed it would crank a good bit before the solenoid would pull up and then it would start. I had my buddy hold it up and when I cranked the engine would take right off. so my question is am I not getting enough power to it soon enough or is the solenoid just going bad. for power I have 4 6TL's in the truck that were dead when I got it but have been holding charge and starting and I have been running the truck since December.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pretty easy to load test the batterys to make sure they are good. Id also check voltage at the fuel solenoid as a starter.