• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern california mv's

dezert ratt

I know mv's are getting more popular in california. Lets see some input on you california guys. Is there a growing demand for mv's in ca? Would there be any market in a so cal mv scrap yard open to the public? From what im seeing, we are pretty limited for scrap parts.

yamaha415

Hard to say. The good state of CA is in the process of banning all 2010 and older trucks do to new air quality regs. I dont know if you could bypass these reg with a historical vehicle reg or not. But currently all trucks with a gvwr over 26,000 and older than 1996 will be outlawed by 2015 (unless you put a 2010 or new engine in the vehicle).
Like i said i hope you can get past this with a historical vehicle reg, but if not MV would have to be for off highway use only in the near future. This would put a real damper on the mv popularity in CA

If you want to read up on it go to www.arb.ca.gov/truckstop