• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super-Single spare tire swing/gate mount!

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are asking me, no. I slotted the front keyhole slot further outboard and used the "wrong" end of the rear keyhole. Like this:

Attachments

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spacing is a good solution, I just had not thought or heard of doing it that way when I did mine. I would have needed to buy or otherwise obtain 3 inch channel.

XchaosX

I just spaced mine out 3/4 from the frame. I didn't have to elongate the slot but did use the "wrong" end with a washer like you did.

Remm

I have been working on a spare tire holder for my A3, I took the hummer mount design and up sized everything of course. Not only does it swing out but it swings down to ground by means of a air ram. When tire is in up position there is a lock/ stop to support it just in case the ram has a problem or air line. Bearing are the key to it I used spindles for J.D. disk easy to get and cheap. still working on valving tire goes up to fast need to change valving, a little geometry on ram and find a heavy duty swivel for air line when swinging out. will post pics as soon as work gives me some spare time to finish.

Last edited: