• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate window regulator question

Dmoser

Ever since I bought my 09 the tailgate window handle would slip and eventually went out completely (blazer SOP). I finally got around to getting the crank and the clutch replaced only to find out that the gears in the regulator are stripped out...:doh: I found one on LMC for 100 bucks which isnt as bad as I was expecting but I can't find one anywhere else. Is there another place that I can find a new one for a reasonable price?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of the classic Chevy shops should have it.

Truckandcarshop.com
classicindustries.com

are couple that come to mind.

You could always go used. There are some members parting trucks in the classifieds and HAWKMAN or HillbillyWizard are a couple of vendors that may have one.

Dmoser

Thanks for the info. I did think about going used but I would like to have this fixed with new parts this time to avoid having another used one slip a couple of years down the road. Who knows how good one of those will be.

howardc

I opted for a new one from LMC last year when mine went out. Working fine so far, just remember; LUBRICATION.

camoyj7

I got mine at Rock auto on line. ACDELCO Part # 15641780 $132.99 If you buy from a Chevy dealer it's almost twice the price for the same thing. I know because I work for a Chevy dealer. When I got mine it was made in Mexico. My friend is still driving the truck and the regulator is still working good four years later. I would stay away from the cheaper China one's unless you like changing them often.

Last edited:

Liv2Dive2

Anyone take any pics when doing the re-install...the bracket on the window itself is catching on the regulator, I put in new felt and bought new bumpers but I can't figure out where they go, and am not sure how to get it not to bind. If anyone has a chance to take a pic with the window rolled down and maybe half up I'd appreciate it.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I opted for a new one from LMC last year when mine went out. Working fine so far, just remember; LUBRICATION.
And don't be too aggressive when rolling the window up and down. I still treat mine gingerly- I don't want to go back in there any time soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks