• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The rebuild of the M37 begins!

98taco3

Well i was able to sell another project so the rebuild of the M37 begins! Got it in the garage today and got the old bed ripped off of it. So far so good, I havent found anything other than surface rust here and there. Tomorrow the front clip and engine come off and out of it. Gonna get the engine off to the machine shop and the rolling frame will go in for sand blasting next weekend. Ill keep adding photos here as the project progresses. Ive got a goal of The 4th of June. The good guys car show is going on and it would be great to have its maiden voyage out to that gigantic show. Will be tough to make that deadline but should be doable. Heres some pictures of the bed removal from tonight...

Attachments

Bill W

That is a tight deadline
Don't let (lack of ) time make you cut corners that you'll regret later
Keep info and pictures of your progress coming please

98taco3

That is a tight deadline
Don't let (lack of ) time make you cut corners that you'll regret later
Keep info and pictures of your progress coming please
There wont be corners cut. Im lucky enough to start with a running/driving truck without any rust on it at all. Nothing more than surface rust here and there, getting a truck out of Arizona definitely has its advantages! So far i havent found a stuck bolt on it! Ill have more pictures later tonight...

98taco3

Well i put another few hours into it and have the front clip off of her as well as the windshield frame and the cab floor. Tomorrow the engine/trans comes out. If i feel like it the transfer case will as well. Still no stuck bolts! I cant believe it! AND im being period correct with my choice of beverage 8) Heres some more pictures of todays progress....

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Bill W you have a nice truck to start out with take your time and do it the right way the first time!
KK

zout

subscribed - [thumbzup] having the "tall boy" in the pic helped - that is for cooling off bolts you would have to cut or remove with a torch right :cookoo:

So you might as well drink it seeing you are getting spoiled by having all your fastners just unthread - did I tell you that SUCKS
rofl

that is no way to have a project evolve - looks great but that car has to be removed from the garage so you have more room.