• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Timbren Overloads M35A3

Fixlinc

Has anyone put the air bag type Timbren overloads on a M35A3 or A2 ? If so what kit did you use ? Been looking at some at timbren dot com they have universal kits too that might work. Hauling lots of water with it as a fire truck water is heavy.

tm america

I've had 40000-50000 in the bed of my deuce it was way down but popped right back up once i dumped the load.. but you are way overloading it if you make it squat. Trust me i am the king of overloading a deuce..But as for what you are thinking they wouldnt work with the suspension on a deuce

jatonka

I agree, they won't work on the Deuce rear trunnion type bogies, but they sure work great on the front axle of my M1028 while carrying the Fisher 8' snowplow. JT out

Pooch1128

We have three dueces that we use has fire trucks, we have 500 gal tanks plus pump on 2 and 750 gal on the A2, have never had the bed drop. Don't know what your'e hauling but if it's that heavy maybe you need to upgrade to 5 ton... A gallon of water weights approx. 8.34 pounds so even with 750 gallons of water it's only 6,255 and the poly tank is only 100 pounds plus we have diesel pump plus pipe for the moniter and three other outlets your still only talking about 8,000 lb load...(est.)

Last edited:

jasonjc

I've had 40000-50000 in the bed of my deuce it was way down but popped right back up once i dumped the load.. but you are way overloading it if you make it squat. Trust me i am the king of overloading a deuce..But as for what you are thinking they wouldnt work with the suspension on a deuce

40,000-50,000lbs??? that 20-25 ton's?????????????

You got pic's of that?? How high was it stacked??

tm america

i had it stacked 1-2 ft over the roof and hanging over the cab and off the back with concret from a driveway tear out i did.That was the heaviest..MY hitch that is ussually 20-22 inches off the ground was scraping when i hit bumps.THen i have had several loads of dirt,sand ,and gravel stacked over the top of the cab..I've had so much on there that the bed sides were bowed out a couple inches.I am truly amazed at the amount of abuse the fiberglass troop seats can take..hears some pics of around 30000-35000 of gravel

Fixlinc

Yeah we just needed another 5 ton instead but later long wheel base nice ones are hard to find yet. Have late 60s 5 tons now we carry 2000 gallons on one and drag 2000 on trailer with the other. Couldn't pass up a nice 97 2 1/2 ton with 2600 miles on it at the surplus yard. After we got it some rebuilt 2002 models showed up. If we had the funding would put 1000 gal poly tank on it but we got a deal on the twin 600 gal tanks that slide together the fuel unit comes with electric pump and hose reels. Going to put a gas engine pump on it though. Probably can't fill them to full 1200 back off some. Just thought maybe someone had tried the timbrens for more stability.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sorry it took a minute to find the pucs
Do you have any bigger pictures? I was often wondering how much is too much for my deuce. The biggest load i had on the truck was a pool liner and about 22 inches of water. syracuse nationals car show we used it as a swimming pool and it was great. i crunched the numbers and the dimension of the box, 17.5 inches of water was about 1000 gallons (like the deuce water tanker) and 21 or 22 inches of water is 10,000lbs. I could have fit more water in it, but i didnt want to overload it.

A guy i work with owns a stone quarry and he puts 5 pallets of stone on his and pulls the hill out of the quarry. he laughed at me when i told him i didnt want to do that with mine because i didnt want to over load it. I just know i dont want to abuse it because i dont have the huge equipment to make a big repair.

tm america

wildchild I'm loving the swimming pool idea..Sorry for the small pics i took them on my cell phone.I've had alot more than that on there..The place i buy my slag from charges 50 per truck load .So i make the most of it.. have have them load it till no more will stay on the truck..The guy that loads me looks at me like i'm crazy everytime i tell him to keep dumping :evil:There is more than one reason i put the singles on my truck.The stock duals were blowing out like crazy from being overloaded,,the biggest load i've done with mine is a toss up between 50000 in the bed while pulling my tractor which is around 13000 with the trailer...or having 30000 in the bed while dragging a d8 with a bucket on the front that was dead..i pulled it about 1.5 miles..I couldn't budge it without the weight in the back for traction..but then again it was 80000 on soft ground:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks