• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer for my M221

TracTracTor

I have an M221 tractor and I'm wondering if a small lowboy was used with this tractor. I haven’t found any pictures or information on this combination yet. All help appreciated.

I would like to see pictures of these trucks pulling fiffth wheel trailers . I pulled my m269 lowboy home from the scrap yard about 14,000 lb with my 53 GMC and it was a real slow trip on hills I was in low range . and in the book cross country is 17,000 and highway is 36,000 of course this was back in the early 1950"s when other commercial trucks also used the 302 . I do pull a heavy car trailer with the pintle hitch and it handles it just fine for a old truck

Wolf.Dose

According to the manual any semi up to 12000 lbs fifth wheel load is correct, which means for example semitrailer,Stake and Platform, 5 ton 2 wheel, model 516 or semitrailer , animal and cargo, 6 t, 2 wheel Model SKD 1815 or model TG or 32 G or semitrailer , Gasoline tank, 6 t, 2 wheel, M30 (helps filled with gas for at least for a good action radius, when connected to the trucks fuel system) or semitrailer, van, 6 ton 2 wheel by American Body model DF233V, Carter model C15935A, Dorsey model E14, Kentucky model 1-ODR, Olson model KV10, Stick model 400W, Timpte model T8D, Utility model GSW4 or Semitrailer, van, 6 ton, 2 wheel Gerstenlager model W8125 or Gramm model DF-75 or Gramm, Checker, American Bantam Carolina, model STV 620 or Highway model SKD 2181 or SKD 2215 or SKD 2270 or Olson model LV 10 or Trailmobile model B34H or Utility model G-SW4 or semitrailer 7 ton 4 wheel M26 of different makers or simelar models of that time. If you do not use the maximum payload (ex. as a camper), everything in use until the 60's is good for you. Check for the propper air brake connection!
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks