• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Oil Leak

FloridaAKM

This afternoon, upon cranking up the M1081, she decides to show me another twist in the "What is wrong with me today show". The transmission filter plate, over the drive shaft, has started leaking when running @ about a drop every two seconds, class 3 leak for sure. I have a filter replacement pack from Allison for the transmission, but believe that the source of the leak is the o-ring. I was able to tighten three rearward bolts about a 1/4 of a turn, but the rest were tight, little change in the leakage amount. My question today is, how much oil (She still has all the oil that the Army put in her) will drain out then I attempt to remove the plate to replace the o-ring that seals the filter plate? I don't want to dump 5 + gallons of oil onto the ground. Plastic & a couple of clean 5 gallon buckets are available, but have to go get them before starting this endeavour. What size is the o-ring in case I don't have one in the filter pack? :-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks