• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

turbo kit from eastern surplus, anyone have one?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've had zero problems from pistons/cooling in both my Samurai (1.6 NA diesel that I added a turbo to) and my 6.2 I've added a turbo to. I attribute it to having gauges, not overfueling it, and driving with a brain...

350TacoZilla

Yeah I agree to a certain point patracy and I personally dont plan on cranking my truck up more than turbo and little extra fuel, but with a heavy truck its easy to get a load on it and egt's start to climb. I have a 2.4 mercedes diesel samurai I plan to turbo and same goes for it as yours, for both my 923 and samurai I plan to put a pyrometer in while stock to see what they run normally then turbo and shoot for less than stock egt's.

bubba_got_you

If you expect to make any real power just by adding a turbo you are wasting your time.
More air requires more fuel, witch leaves you 2 options, 1 you can get pt-injectors with larger metering ports or 2 you can do a double fuel lime mod and turn up the pressure in the pump. Option 2 is the cheapest by far and only requires a few hours of your time. Option 1 is hard to find and requires you to take the rocker boxes off to install the injectors and then re set the injectors and valves. Almost all the 855 series Cummins parts will interchange with each other. As far as getting the motors to last, as long as you do your PM’s and watch your egt's they should last longer than you can drive them.

Last edited: