• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAA will now help you insure M35A2

Boatplans

USAA has made an agreement with Progressive to act as an agent in helping USAA members insure their Deuces. Apparently, Progressive is working specifically through USAA on this issue due to the discussions on Steelsoldiers.com. I was told by telephone that USAA executives have been reading Steelsoldiers.com and concluded that many individuals on this forum represent the kind of customes that USAA normally does business with and they realize we are good business. They are making exceptions to the weight limits for deuces.

Certain other companies already understand that military collectors are good insurance risks as a group.

If you have a new deuce and want to use your USAA insurance, they will now provide assistance whereas they have not been insuring vehicles obove 10,000lbs GVW before.

Others have apparently posted this information already. This post is to verify the change in USAA policy is true. It does involve Progressive.

We should keep pressing the issue and perhaps USAA will cover our deuces themselves. I think the problem is that customers with other heavy vehicles will want insurance under this exception and USAA wants to limit it to military collectors, not commercial heavy truck users. I think we can understand that problem. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

ABN173

I use USAA myself, I however am not a big fan of progressive. USAA had me get my motorcycle insurance through them. I have a clean driving record (without any tickets or accidents) and after the 1st year my rates went up and they only offered me an option of three large payments which I could not afford so I let the policy expire at the end of the first year. I did not drive my bike I simply parked it in the carport on base......well Progressive never replied to any of my e-mails but they wasted no time in telling the state of Georgia that my policy was canceled. So now I have a mess to straighten out.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know that I've covered this before in other threads, and it's a little off topic from the original intent of the thread. If I'm threadjacking tell me to shove it and move on.

But I have a commercial policy through Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, and my premiums are only $120 a year. It's a commercial policy with no garage stipulation, no limits on mileage or usage. Liability only, with fair limits of liability 100/300/50.

Grinnell's home page....https://www.gmrc.com/

FreightTrain

Banned
600 bucks?Youch,what a rip....I got Progressive direct for $300!Tell them it is a Straight truck.After all,our vehicles are NOT Military Vehicles any more.They are nothing more than a privately owned straight truck exactly like a Chevy Topkick.

FreightTrain

Banned
Take that back.Mine was $374 for commercial 1 year Via Progressive.Would have been $311 but had to pay $63 for Underinsured motorist cause I didn't have insurance on the truck for a while.

Field Artillery

My experience with USAA has be abysmal. One of their insureds totalled my car, and they acted very unethically in handling the claim, even by New York City standards. The claims manager is a woman named Susanne Martinez- Morris and she's out of their San Antonio HQ. Be forewarned about USAA and this person. She is unethical!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odd..USAA bounced me to Progressive's commercial dept. They said they wont insure my deuce "because of the type of vehicle that it is." Am I missing something? I have USAA for my POV.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odd..USAA bounced me to Progressive's commercial dept. They said they wont insure my deuce "because of the type of vehicle that it is." Am I missing something? I have USAA for my POV.
Correction, im on with Progressive and actually got someone who knew what a M35A2 was.. Woop!

Edit: And they actually quoted me more than $589 for 6 months. Jeezer..

Last edited:

Heavysteven

I got a quote from USAA in nov 1,200 to high called state farm 320 a year includes roadside assitance lol.

USAA just had so many questions...your driving what, m35 what's that's. State Farm asked for the vin, year, make, and model. I was impressed when I got the card, M35 1970 AM General no worries.

I hope you guys have a better experiance.

Master Guns

I bought a deuce last month and called USAA on the phone to get it insured when I went to pick it up. The guy I talked to on the phone knew exactly what an M35A2 was and he got me set up in about 5 minutes. I gave them the VIN and other info on the vehicle and asked for just liability on the policy. They quoted me an annual price of just over $250 a year. I was on that like a hobo on a ham sandwhich! I bought a 68 M715 a week later and called them again to get insurance. I got a different representative the second time but the gal didn't have any problems getting me set up on the M715. The insurance on 715 is about $100 dollars a year more because I said I'd drive it more miles annually. I've also got several Harleys and regular autos insured through them as well as home owners insurance. USAA has always done right by me.