• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volt-a-drop mounting

Ok So I decided to go with the volt a drops to cut down my voltage to my trailer lights. I'm trying to decide if I should just mount them on the truck and hard wire them in to the trailer plug on the truck or should I make a removeable mount for them with a male and female plug so I can plug them in between the trailer and truck the when I need them. At this time I have no plans of using any type of military trailer behind the truck, so external mounting with 2 more plugs would just be added expense.

Any ideas or opinions?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the key words you used were "at this time"...make them removable, because you, like the rest of us...will probably want to get more military stuff down the road. :razz:

Scarecrow1

If you buy the inverter then you can use it to run more than just a trailer you could use it to power 12 volt add ons like radios spot lights or a number of other things you don't or can't use now. Its a smart investment idea to at least start setting up the network by permently mounting it where it's recommended by the company guildlines . Good luck :p

That is a good idea too. But I just bought 6 Volt-a-drops for $1.25 each off of Ebay so I'm gonna use those for now. Seemed cheap, whats the normal goin price? They came yesterday and are new in the box hope this was a good buy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks