• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waiting for the wait light??

mudman

Well today while waiting for the wait light to go out, I realized I had not heard the relay working. What is the best unit to by for replace ment. Also I'm doing the dog head relay a well. I have two new relays for the volt meter and **** forgot what the other one was for. anyway do you know where the two relays might be. I think they are near the starter relay under the dash. thanks for any help!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sound is not the way to diagnose a relay, use a meter!

ST-85 relay, best choice.

Relays are under the dash, to the right of the radio panel.

Let's work on Tech Manuals and Searching, next. (glad to see you were able to figure out how to post a new thread!)

mudman

GP relay bad??

Ok heres the scoop on my GP relay (**** this is frustrating).. when the key is truned, on there is a "clunk" at the relay. Problem is that there is 25 volts on one side and nothing on the other. Question is....Drum roll....... "Can the relay be bad even if there is a clunk when the key is turned on?? I have no power to the GP's at all. 12.5 ohms between the to smaller posts. What gives??:deadhorse:

Thanks,
Ken

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I merged your last thread, with this one. Please continue your threads, so we know what's going on. Otherwise, we'll just ask the same questions and give you the same answers.

If you have no voltage out of the relay, it is probably bad. Do you have 12v on one small terminal? The light blue wire is just grounded by the controller to activate the relay.

You could bench test your relay

You could also follow the troubleshooting instructions in the TM.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, the blue wire gets grounded.

The other small terminal should have 12v with the key on.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, now go out, with the key on, and use a jumperwire and ground the terminal with the light blue wire on it. Test for voltage coming out (lower large terminal) of the relay like that.

mudman

OK here is the latest. With the jumper wire hooked up to the blue wire, key on, and grounded, I could smell the GP's working, so I jumped in a now I have "FIRE IN THE HOLE"!!!

So What does all this mean, I hope the relay is bad and not the card, as it is new also. **** I feel better already..Better go have a beer now!!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if you have a new card, then I would suspect your temp sensor may be bad. Might just be unplugged.

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you locate the temp sensor? Was it connected? I posted a picture of it, above(from the TM).

You can test it and see if it has continuity.

mudman

No I have not a clue where it might be. I see some people saying it's on the back of the motor..But where? I have run outa light and there is 3 " on new snow on the ground right now.

I gotta say Doghead, that you have been a lot of help this evening. I hope to get back to this tomorrow.

mudman

Right on Ralbelt, you're handier than a pocket on a T-shirt.... Is it the one with the yellow wire or the red wire.?? You and Doghead are all right in y book!!