• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does this mean?

rlwm211

Check out TB-43-0147 page 2.5 for an explanation of the meanings and the types of classifications on vehicles for bridge ratings. This manual also addresses camoflague markings as well.
Here is the link to the file download; just right click the link and save as to a place where you can find it. It is about 2.3 megs.

http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=43

If this does not work, this manual is available in the resources section

RL

Last edited:

Haggar

1) for single vehicles
- yellow circular sign with black numerals
- sign is painted or attached to front or side of vehicle below drivers
line of vision
- signs on front of vehicle are 9" in diam, side mounted plates are 6"
in diam
2) for combo vehicles (semi-trailer)
- any tow or trailer that operate as one complete unit or rig
- the front plate must have a RED "C" above the bridge class number
- side mounted plates on a combo show separate bridge class numbers on
6" sign

To assist all concerned there is an expedient formula to use.

W = (A*P*N)/2000 where

W = gross weight of vehicle
A = average tire contact are in square inches (tires on hard surface)
P = tire pressure in PSI
N = number of tires

then round the number up to nearest whole number.

saddamsnightmare

March 26th, 2010.

David Doyle's "Standard Catalog of American Military Vehicles" in one of the appendixes in the back gives the correct weights to be displayed empty ("06"), M35A2 loaded for cross country "08" and weight with trailer "C-" " ") This gives the bridge guards some idea whether the bridge they are guarding can handle the weight according to bridge limitations.
Some people think is the number of civillian vehicles taken out by a deuce.......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan :razz:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
March 26th, 2010......

........Some people think is the number of civillian vehicles taken out by a deuce.......

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan :razz:
Kyle,
If I didn't know better, I would think that this was WHISHFUL THINKING on your part - - - And BRAGGING RIGHTS for all of us who have fantasized about KEEPING SCORE in such a manner.

:driver: :jumpin: :driver: :jumpin: :driver: :jumpin: :driver:

John

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, here's a mechanical question regarding the Bridge Plate mounting on a Deuce.....
I have gotten a Bridge Plate sans mounting hardware. Could someone provide some pics of the proper attachment to the grille, please? Also what size/length bolts, and type of nuts and any washers (flat & lock) to be used.

Thanks in advance for any help.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
What does this red "C" mean????? I have searched and was not able to find anything related....
DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That red "C" means the vehicle is contaminated with an unspecified agent!!!
Your only hope is to turn that rascal over to me for disposal before the men in black suits and geiger counters show up. Have you experienced any hair loss or bleeding from the gums?:shock:

PM me for arrangements before the bad stuff starts happening:beer:
I am kidding of course!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, here's a mechanical question regarding the Bridge Plate mounting on a Deuce.....
I have gotten a Bridge Plate sans mounting hardware. Could someone provide some pics of the proper attachment to the grille, please? Also what size/length bolts, and type of nuts and any washers (flat & lock) to be used.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here's a few pics of the hardware use to attach a bridge plate on the front grille. The bolts are 5/16" dia and about 2" long. Fine thread with split ring lock washer and standard nut.

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Your only hope is to turn that rascal over to me for disposal before the men in black suits and geiger counters show up. Have you experienced any hair loss or bleeding from the gums?:shock:

I am kidding of course!

This is becoming a GREAT THREAD - good mix of valid info, precautions (even if just B.S.) and humor.....

BTW: My Bridge Plate did not come with MY truck, but was otherwise surplussed with the BIG RED C showing and the traditional "69" posted.....
.... I'm afraid that the Plate MAY have come from a CONTAMINATED TRUCK --- I have not been noticing any hair-loss or bleeding gums, but I have NOT been able to locate a particular SMALL TOOL since the Plate arrived. :confused:aua:cookoo::oops::deadhorse::rolleyes::doh:

wb1895

Hair loss???? Bleeding gums???? I have not noticed anything like that but I have noticed a slimming of my wallet since I got the deuce!!!!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I am kidding of course!

Sounds like he might need to call these guys then. :D

Ruppster

Attachments