• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
FullSpecial send me a pm please

I'm sad to see it parted out.
I hate to part it out too, I’d much rather sell it whole as it’s actually a REALLY nice truck but unfortunately no one is willing to plop $3200 in my hand and drag it home. I’m not willing to take less than that considering the transfer case alone will sell for $2500. I mainly purchased it as a tire donor for the old USMC M35A2 I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
@Elijah95 I hear you. I'm not criticizing, it's just a bummer. I saw that it has a rod knock. Can that be fixed in-frame?
It could be in-framed, but the truck is missing little nick nacks such as market lights and tiny stuff. I don’t have the drive to fix it

Ajax MD

@Elijah95 Oh, I figured you had too much on your plate. I was wondering if a competent, bargain-minded buyer could do it.

I don't have a shop or garage. It would be an ugly job for me.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
@Ajax MD I’m in the same boat, I’d literally be in framing on the dirt and mud, I’ve done so much work without a shop I’m semi-burnt out. Ready for some climate controlled space we all dream about

Ajax MD

Took my truck on a refuel run. I filled the truck and all of my fuel cans.

The truck hadn't moved in a couple of weeks and the temperature had got down into the 20's. Man, those NDCC's get some flat spots in cold weather. I had a nice thumping at low speeds for the first few miles. I verified my tire pressure on all tires to make sure nothing was amiss.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a little under the weather lately, so I haven't felt like being outside too much. I was however able to get a few things done to the 5ton on Sunday. I have new rear splash panels, so I was able to get one side switched out, also removed the plastic baffles that are in the air cleaner housing & did the K&N air flilter swap...

Attachments

TheQuaker

Fuzzy...Man! You seem to have an endless supply of great trucks there! I am so jealous.

And your paint jobs look fantastic!! Even painting in the mud...

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuzzy...Man! You seem to have an endless supply of great trucks there! I am so jealous.

And your paint jobs look fantastic!! Even painting in the mud...
Thank you. I do dream of concrete floors but the dirt is softer to roll on haha! ..but seriously if one times the weather right painting outside is fantastic.

Crf450x

Canned? Just kidding. Well, hopefully not.

I’ve always liked the dually look. Wish there was a way to do it with 14.00 or 16.00 tires.
Thankfully no. I start at a paper mill in a couple weeks. My wrenching days are over.

Same here. I researched dual 14.00s and it looked extremely cost prohibitive.

I’m planning on buying a 13 speed for this truck next week. I think you are the one that at least started a similar project didn’t you? Ever finish it? I’m new here but I’ve been doing a ton of reading.