• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats it worth

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice possibilities.

If you get it and part it out I am interested in the tach type dash panel.
Or would swap you a regular panel if you were so inclined.
If anyone else has tach dash panels PM me.

Attachments

Last edited:

armytruck63

I think the tach type dash panel is about an inch wider. Some old multifuel trucks use the gasser panel and have the tach mounted to the bottom edge of the dashboard.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the tach type dash panel is about an inch wider. Some old multifuel trucks use the gasser panel and have the tach mounted to the bottom edge of the dashboard.
This is true! There was also a replacement panel that got all of the gauges squished in the small opening. I just shipped out an NOS one that I thought I'd never use.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So does it have the rear exhaust or is it just missing? Hard to tell in the pics but it doeasn't look to have the lower gasser grill.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So LD-465's didn't have rear exhaust, was it a fire dept install or is it a 427?

Capt.Marion

Just be patient. The right one will pop up when the time is right. It's painful, but with these you don't want to act too hastily lest you get screwed or wind up with a bad egg.

Yeah, ive been keeping an eye out. There's some coming up at Eglin but I have no way to recover anything very far from home and I cant afford to pay someone to tow or trailer it home. I need something I can drive home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike and I flew to TN and drove Herman's and mine back. Both had full tanks of fuel thanks to the Gov't. It pays to have them inspected. $1001 for one truck and $1070 for the other.

How much did you end up paying in fuel to drive them that far? And by doing that you are rolling the dice that there will be no problems on the drive home. I cant afford to roll the dice and come up empty.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 more tanks of fuel. Luckily, I have friends everywhere. Andy Bell inspected them and got them off base for me. I knew quite a bit about them before I went for them. The adventure was a blast. Want a link to the adventure?

Heavysteven

If I had more disposable income id be up for adventure. But being on a very limited budget id be screwed if something happened that couldnt be easily fixed cheaply.
Don't rush into any thing, there is risk associated with buying from GL. I got lucky pure and simple. If you have never owned a deuce doing a recovery is not the time to learn.

I see in the classifieds that a memeber has a deuce for 1,800 in ohio but it needs work The Injection Pump Hydraulic Head has a crack that leaks fuel right below the fitting for the Cyl. 6 injection line. I have another Hydraulic Head that will come with the truck to solve that problem. Also the injection fittings for Cyl. 3 and 6 dribble fuel, meaning that the injection lines need replacement. The Lift pump is In-op. so fuel bleeds back to the tank, causing a really hard start

It seems like a great deal but I wouldnt know how to fix the IP problem myself and the cost of fuel on the drive home would kill me budget.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks