• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find a Set of 395/85/r20 XZLs or Goodyears

97Beast

As I finish rebuilding my deuce I have been looking for some new rolling stock for it. After looking the variety of tires, I am convinced that I want the 395/85/20s for my 6x6. And the Michelin XZL is the tire that would best suit me.
But I have realized that the the XZLs arent very common in the 395/85/20 size. Does anyone know where i could find a set of 6 XZLs?? I also wouldnt mind the Goodyears in the same size. If anyone could steer me in the right direction that would be great!:mrgreen:

I am in Texas, but i am willing to freight a set of tires in from anywhere. I know that GENSCO Tire is around my area, and i will give them a call at the beginning of the week. I'm just not sure if they would have the XZLs i need..

I am also looking at getting a set of C & C equipment wheels as well, i looked through his ebay store and could only find one indivdual XZL for sale. Any advice?

F'N!WreckerRay

I know a guy who has A3 six lug super singles tires with wheels. The xzl's you want and everything. He wants a hefty price of like $800 for a wheel and tire.
I just bought 20 brand new goodyear mvt's from him and will sell a few.
what would shipping cost ya from 98591 ?
Ray

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you looked through the SteelSoldier's classified section? Recently SS member PCTrans had some tires listed. Don't know if they are the exact tread pattern you want though. He's in Florida. Another SS member to check with might be 100dollarman as he also sells tires. If I remember correctly he's out west.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my 90% Goodyear MVT 395's from GENSCO with warranty for $150 ea. They have every other mil tire under the sun, including hundreds of those 16.00's for $100 ea. They (KMT) have most all the scrap tire contracts and are where all the resellers get tires from. Noflats.com for the phone number, ask for Karl at the Houston store. He's been selling these tires forever and a day.

DUECE-COUPE

there is a buy in Avery near Texarkana that has tires too. Texas is a BIG state, and since you only have Texas as your location, I can not direct you further to a place closer.

97Beast

Thanks for the replys guys!

Sorry. I edited my location. I am in richmond near the houston area. But i can travel. Do you know if you could get any info on the guy in Avery?

F'N!WreckerRay, i'd have to check and see what the freight would be. But i know it wont be cheap, it may be a good option.

I have looked through the classifieds, and 100dollarman only has the XZLs in the 16.00 size. I'll be contacting Gensco tomorrow as well.

3dAngus

I have some new mounted Michelin XZLs listed in the classifieds now if it helps. They weren't there at the first of the month. Good luck with it.

97Beast

I picked up some 395s from Wehring the other weekend. Thanks for the help guys! Now to find some wheels, CC Equipment is currently out of their two piece wheels.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up some 395s from Wehring the other weekend. Thanks for the help guys! Now to find some wheels, CC Equipment is currently out of their two piece wheels.
Again, GENSCO has the HEMTT wheels in stock at the Houston store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks