• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiring harness issues

rednckii

Just installed a new front wiring harness on my deuce i ordered from odiron nsn NSN 2590-01-016-3187. Issue im having is according to the tm 9-2320-209-20-2-2 wire # 33 and 55 go to the temp sending unit and the pre heater. Cant find on my m35 where they plug into on top of motor i have some wires but they have screw in connectors. Also when goin to hook up starter wire #6 is short is this the one that goes to battery, also where does # 10 connect to have 74b on the cynderical pc on side of motor where old harness was connected does 10 connect there also. Really suck at wiring have everything else hooked up except those few any help would b great. Where do the wires 74a/74b connect also dont c anywheres for them have all lights, guages, and starter switches connected. Only have these wires left please help.

rednckii

Here are some pics the lrg wire is #2 the smaller #10 where do they hook up also any ideas where i can get the wiring for the preheater. Looks like it is a seperate piece and the harness hooks into it. Found where the temp goes was a long day yesterday still need to find a home for these 3 wires though. Any ideas accoding to schematic 2 goes to batts and 10 goes on magnetic relay. So do i lengthen #2 to reach and where on the realy does 10 go. Right now the only wire on my relay is #74b how do i hook it up.

Attachments

DieselBob

Here is the way mine is wired. #2 runs between the starter and alt. #55 feeds a small harness just for the intake heater system. #10 and 14 are on the same terminal on the magnetic starter relay.

Attachments

rednckii

so u think i should go ahead an hook to the starter lug and then connect to the bottom of relay. Any ideas where i can find a heater harness mine is toast. Just left on a mini vacation with the wife so i will dig more into this on tues when i get back. The more info i have for then the better thanks guys.

rednckii

Ok so i just switched around the wires as per dieselbobs suggestion. So I now have power in the cab lights, buzzer ect. all work. Now my problem is my starter wont engage no clicking nothing at all when i first started all thi when i hooked up the batt cables there was a loud pop. Any suggestion on what it could be what 2 look for. Is there a way to test the magnetic relay and the starter solinoid. Oh well hope someone can help thanks again at least i now have power in the cab.

rednckii

Just put the new magnetic relay on an still no start. I ran a jumper wire for the switch and still nothing. I can arc the solenoid with a screw driver and it will start fine what am i missing on this thing.

rednckii

They are still just hanging not connected into anyhing right outside of the firewall on driver side. Is there a jumper wire i need to run or just missing something.

DieselBob

After looking at the wiring diagram I'm thinking you need to jump 74a & 74b to each other. They are for a fuel pressure cutout switch that prevents the starter from being engaged when the engine is running. Without that switch these would need to be connected to each other to complete the circuit from the starter switch to the magnetic relay. You could verify that by testing the voltage at 74a when you press the start button. you should get battery voltage (24 volts)

rednckii

Thanks i was thinkin of doing it just didnt want to fry anything ill give it a shot tommorrow an let ya know thanks again for the help.

Heath_h49008

Bumping this because it seems to be the only wiring harness installation thread with a valid link. I'll be doing the job shortly and if anyone has any other links, it would be appreciated. (I have the diagram sticky, of course)

Heath