• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woo hoo I am in the club!!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck.

That's an interesting pattern they used for the paint. It's not the usual pattern I'm used to seeing for woodland camo. You have any details on it?

gottaluvit

Just looking at my watched items list and the truck you just got was on my list. Wish list of course, but one can wish big. A few in Kansas was nearly given away. Some beauties too. Especially that all green for 3K. Again, congrats. It is cool to look down to the 18 wheeler drivers!

Capt Jon

Christmas 2014.jpg

It's bad enough I have to come pull the deuce out with a CJ-5. If you keep buying bigger trucks I'm just gonna leave you stuck out there!

Rmtaunton

oh no you wouldn't you would grab 37 snatch blocks and try to recover it just so you could bring it up till the day we die

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best days of 5 ton ownership. The day the first one comes home and the day the last one leaves.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome to the club

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I am also a fairly new club member. Have had my 1984 M923 for a couple of months and have done a ton (5 tons!) of work so far with more in the future.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congratulations and welcome to the club! I am also a fairly new club member. Have had my 1984 M923 for a couple of months and have done a ton (5 tons!) of work so far with more in the future.
I had to google "Sandwich, MA" to see if such a place actually existed. Holy moly, what a beautiful place.

Rmtaunton

Ok this is killing me Trying to figure out a way to get it around the 15 of this month , Have a new plan of building a 34 inch tall lunette ring on my little car hauler about 6 inches back from original hitch so I can tow the trailer with the grand Cherokee full of tools then put it on trailer behind 925 for trip home. Flying in is much easier and could probably buy a lot of tools at cheap HF , but ................

so whats your opinion???

therooster2001

Flying in is much easier and could probably buy a lot of tools at cheap HF , but ................
so whats your opinion???
Fellow M925A2 owner here. I've been on a recovery with my seller to get an M934A2. TX to Colorado. We flew in, had no idea if the engine even ran (drained), and after some troubleshooting and some maintenance, we got her running again. The airline will take 50lbs of luggage without fee, get some tools in there and go get it! The rest is just a chase car (or hitchhike) away. Course it would have been a quick trip had the engine been seized. Where are you getting it from?

EDIT: I found it. 600 miles home? We did 350 miles a day roughly, so probably two days, factor in a rental car for a day, or the whole time just in case, with some expected MX when you get there. I think the road trip is fun, and with diesel being what it is, it's cheap fun, and will definitely work the bugs out. Bring a buddy though, I couldn't imagine doing it alone.

Last edited: