• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woo. Hoo won my first GL

Rmtaunton

I know I know , but don't think I can post links to gl here , but can say it was lot 6751 out of fort Gordon. I am so excited !!

FloridaAKM

That's a heavy trailer just by itself, just shy of 3K with all that is attached. You did well to get it home uneventfully. I pulled my first one home with the Deuce & you couldn't even tell it was there. Nice score on a good solid trailer!

Rmtaunton

I thought about towing it home with f350 , but since by myself I decided to put it on toy hauler with good breaks , and not have to worry about bad wheel bearings , tires , bent axle , etc

And thanks for all the great comments

Robert

Rmtaunton

Thank you , I went easy I guess safe not sorry , a better adventure would have been taking " grumpy" the deuce .( and yes I know there is another with same name but I didn't name her :) ) anyway thanks to all , will be putting new hard wood on it and deuce troop seats (thanks patracy) for July fourth parade .

MarcusOReallyus

I thought about towing it home with f350 , but since by myself I decided to put it on toy hauler with good breaks , and not have to worry about bad wheel bearings , tires , bent axle , etc
I think you made the right choice. If I had known then what I know now, I would have trailered my trailer. Turns out everything was fine, but you don't know until you get there, and maybe not until you get down the road a ways. That's just not the right time to find out you have a bad bearing. :beer:

What tow vehicle do you have planned?

MarcusOReallyus

I know I know , but don't think I can post links to gl here , but can say it was lot 6751 out of fort Gordon. I am so excited !!

It's fine to post links to closed auctions. No problem, except that they go away, leaving a thread with dead links.

A better way is to download the pics to your computer, then upload them here as attachments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks