• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grease points video from USMC

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter

IridiumRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Btw, just watched this video (my way of saying its still active / available). I didn't find the WHERE to grease all that useful, BUT... in the first section of the video, it has a couple tables of info on lubes (both grease and fluids). That -might- be useful to someone. I think those tables may be screen shots out of the military maintenance system. Dunno. I took screen shots of them myself, just in case it was useful down the road.

Btw, FWIW, the grease they spec out for what looks like everything on the truck is listed as MIL-G-10924F I'm not sure that i've seen that before (what the military actually recommends). Me, I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic red... its what i've settled on using for almost everything* (I usually work on class 6 / 7 commercial trucks, particularly garbage trucks.

*I make a few exceptions for things like CV joints (which would be on cars / pickups i occasionally work on for the most part), where i use specialty CV joint lube...). + there are a few other exceptions but i've basically switched to mobil 1 synthetic red for 98% of everything... seems to be good enough generally everywhere, and not bad anywhere

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks