• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

09 Sun Visor Mod.

HAWKMAN

OK..so I had a bit of time on my hands the other day and decided to try to 'spruce up' a set of sun visors that had faded and looked kind'a crappy. I used some material from a parachute I had laying around and edged it with a piece of 1/4'' fuel line slit down the middle. That's the rightside now for the left, hopefully I can get some of the wrinkles out of the next one!

HAWKMAN

I like it, just not sure how that material will hold up to fading in the sun. But looks very cool for sure:D
I thought about that, and the cool part about this material is as it fades from the sun the colors turn and it looks VERY close to the camo pattern that the Marines used on the Pacific islands during WWII!:D

jdeoliveira74

Is it just me or are the visors to big and get in the way of the rear view mirror in these trucks?
I hate mine I have been looking for some alternatives smaller ones so I can see while driving and be able to use the rear viewaua

TXM1009

The ones in my 1009 seem a little small. And they are very stiff. I need to try and lube them a little. They definitely don't block the rear view any. The rear view also seems too small also.

cpf240

The ones in my 1009 seem a little small. And they are very stiff. I need to try and lube them a little. They definitely don't block the rear view any. The rear view also seems too small also.
My 1009 was missing the rear view mirror when I got it. I opted for a larger mirror that I picked up at Pep Boys. The visors hit the mirror, but the original must have been really small for the visors to clear it!

I'm happy with the bigger mirror, and just have to be careful with the visors, or perhaps notch them to go around mirror.

TXM1009

I hate my rear view, I'm always having to adjust it. So are you happy with your pep boys mirror? I might have to check it out. I saw last night that Wally World has a panoramic one that clips over your original. It looked huge.

cpf240

I hate my rear view, I'm always having to adjust it. So are you happy with your pep boys mirror? I might have to check it out. I saw last night that Wally World has a panoramic one that clips over your original. It looked huge.
I got the 12 inch one, and like it so far. It was a bit strange getting used to it after driving the truck for a few weeks without one. I did not use the Pep Boys glue. While I had a glass shop filling a chip in the windshield, I had them mount the mirror. There was a hole in the glass where the original mount was, and they filled it with the glue they used for the mirror.

I don't know what that stuff is that they used, but after 2 minutes, that mirror was solid and not going anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks