• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1,040 mile trip.... no problems!

Jayco36REQS

So you were doing 68MPH on tires rated 55MPH max...
Yep... as long as you air the tires to the correct pressure for the load, these things are WAAAAYYYYYY underrated. I checked the tire temps at each stop along the way and never had even the slightest heat issue. Low air pressure for the load is the #1 cause of tire failure... not speed. These tires max speed rating is based on min air pressure.... at which would cause a lot of deflection, which causes heat... which destroys tires. Running 68-70mph on these tires presents no dangers unless your as min air pressure.... But at that pressure the truck would be squishing around like a pregnant duck! lol At 90-100psi it ran straight and true with zero problems at highway speeds, and no heat issues in the tires.

No worries what so ever... :D

Jayco36REQS

So, is the blue thing on the trailer a tire chock or a spare tire? rofl
LOL... You would not believe all the comments I got from having the Smart car on the trailer. OMG.. the truckers got a kick out of it for sure! LOL

What can I say... I like what I like.. Big trucks, small cars... FAST Cobra!! hehe