• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/12/10 GSA Deuce fire truck

TaylorTradingCo

Who won the fire truck down near Warner Robbins from GSA last night?

I wanted it bad, but had to coach a hockey game and missed out on it. I know, I should've bid higher, but I couldn't really. I was bidding on 9 other trucks too and couldn't afford to put too much in the fire truck in case I won all of the others. The bad thing is, the fire truck went last. If I had only been home and known that I only won four of the other trucks I could've put more on the fire truck.

Anyway, if whoever got it is on here and would be willing to let go of it, let mw know. I am interested in it.

Derek Taylor

Attachments

jasonjc

Nice looking truck. But its not a military fire truck, well not a 530 class fire truck. Still looks good thought.

jasonjc

Is it a 530B or 530C? And who made the bed? You need to know all that to tell which TM you need. Most of the truck is just the same as a M35 as far as the TM's go.

I take it you plan to keep it hole? If not let me know.

When you find out what it is let me know and I can help with the TM #'s.

KsM715

OMG, the auction police will be on this one soon.
There are some here (so called auction police) that jump on offenders pretty qwikly and rightly so, I'll say it, I'm one of them. Then there are those that like to jump on the "auction police" right afterwards.

jasonjc

Well it's a 530C fire truck. The date plate for the fire truck should be on the right side cab door. Lots of stuff is missing but it still looks good.

kfdk14

Those things are cool. I wonder if that's the one we used to have not sure what dept got ours when it left here. When we had it it was all red and still had the top on it though but that's been a few years.

StreetbikeDepot

I got it home today, it fired right up, it has a brake cylinder leaking real bad, some rust (mostly on the cargo doors, I'm going to replace the skins on them). I was able to replace alot of the missing parts, but I still need the rear extinguishers holders, and the rear shelf that bolts to the right rear of the body (not sure what its called), and the inlet and outled caps on the pump panel.

The siren is one loud dude, WOW....LOL

I'm still looking for a TM on it, I'm not sure whether its a 530B or C (honestly I don't know how to tell).

BTW I've never seen a duece with engine bay lights before......is that standard on the firetucks?

ALSO.......do they have one hose real on each side? I have neither one, does anyone have a pics of the hose real so i can see what it looks like and how it mounts?

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am glad it got home OK, I watched them hauling it around yesterday, they try pretty hard in Goldsby to take it easy on the equipment. I won a M715 winch truck there.
James

M813A1

Hey Corey !! That truck should be Fun to see in a parade ??? It looded god when Joe and I looked at it last week !! The worst of all the doors is the one on top of the bed behind cab !!! You going to keep it red or go green with it ??

StreetbikeDepot

I'm going back green with it, plan on hunting down the pieces I need to get it complete and original.

Hey Rumplecat I was there while they where moving the truck around, I seen you there with your M715 on a trailer....ofcourse I didn't know who you where.

kfdk14

I'm trying to find pics of the one we had not sure what shots I can find though. If its the same one the truck was like brand new when we give it up. Did the doors used to be tan?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks