• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 Weekend and 17 rattle cans...

100dollarman

My finger is STILL sore! Thanks for helping get it to me! You're the man!

BTW, did you know you and your biz made 4Wheel & Offroad this month?

I was wondering why I was getting so many calls before I learned of the mention (pretty good one, too!) in the magazine.! The problem is I am (almost) out of the tires that were mentioned. I had about 200 325/85-r16 XMLs that I sold really cheap, but now I cant find anymore:-x That is the tire they referred to in the mag.

ragedracer

Where can you buy that tan paint mine is the tan color and could use a touch up. What did you use to put the numbers on with? I would like to add some numbering and lettering to my truck.
Where in AZ are you? Im in NW Phoenix, I'd be happy to give you a can of mine so you can check color match before you order a bunch.

SDF Troop

I need to paint my M1009. Mine is camo but I was thinking of the sand color. How much prep was involved? Did you have to sand it all or just in spots? What did you use to mask the windows and lights? Did you have to remove the grill cover? Looking at your M1009 has inspired me!!

ragedracer

I need to paint my M1009. Mine is camo but I was thinking of the sand color. How much prep was involved? Did you have to sand it all or just in spots? What did you use to mask the windows and lights? Did you have to remove the grill cover? Looking at your M1009 has inspired me!!
I powerwashed it at the quarter wash for 30 minutes, going ever every nook and cranny. I brought it home, sanded out places where there chips in the paint and feathered them out. I didn't do any bodywork. I plan on using it offroad primarily, so I wasn't concerned about little dents and what not. I went over the rest of the truck with a brillo pad type thing in an angle grinder. CARC is pretty rough as is, I just wanted to scuff it up some more. I didn't actually strip much paint off. Then I went back to the car wash and powerwashed it again.

Brought it home and taped off. I used just regular masking tape and taped around all the window rubber and stuff. Once I had the rubber taped off, I used newspaper to cover the glass and sealed it to the tape around the rubber. That took longer than the sanding! I did take off the grill and headlight doors. I took out the headlights, tailights, markers, etc. Wiped the whole thing down with paint thinner and a lintless cloth. Followed up with a tack cloth.

Then I just started painting. Its certainly not a show quality job, but for what it is, a .mil vehicle, I would say its pretty "correct". I did it all in my driveway..

AJMBLAZER

I like it. Contemplating it with Big Ugly (flat black) and if I get a M1009 that's still camo the wife has insisted it get painted.

Maybe I missed it but how many coats was this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks