• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1" zero rates and 32x12.50s... Any rubbing?

iacucv

Sorry if this has been covered, I did multiple searches but not quite what I'm after, lots of info on running 32s but 10.50s, advice on trimming etc.... Anyway I'm wanting to run 32x12.50s on original wheels. I also do not want to cut on my fenders. What I'm viewing as options are ORD zero rates, 1" lift, or doing a 2" suspension lift likely from rough country. Any advice on how either of these options will fit those tires is appreciated.

LT67

I ran 33x10.5x15 KM2'S on my K10 Stepside with sagging springs and never had any rubbing issues..... not even in the rough stuff off road.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I'm viewing as options are ORD zero rates, 1" lift, or doing a 2" suspension lift likely from rough country. Any advice on how either of these options will fit those tires is appreciated.
It really shouldn't matter which of the three options you pick. The tire will still be the same size when the suspension compresses to the bump stops.

iacucv

I am tryin to thread the needle with this rig, on the K5 body I like the low lift bigger tire combo. If 2" lift is what it takes that's fine, but if I can run 32x12.50s with 1" even better. If I go to a 2" I'll probably just buy a complete spring kit as I'm not sure how great my right rear is. I'm willing to roll the dice with 80 dollars of zero rates invested, but not so much on re using the springs on a shackle flip from ORD.

red

Which vehicle, the k5 blazer or the pickup? On the k5 (and 1/2 ton trucks) 32x10.5" fits with no trimming, 33x12.50" requires slight trimming for full axle articulation.

32"s

DSCN0168.jpg

33"s

DSCN0935.jpg

For the heavier duty trucks go up 1" in tire size with the same results. If you're not afraid of a sawzall you can get the humvee 37"s to fit at stock height on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

IMG_20160430_110112738.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with those who feel that the tires should fit, but to be sure, what are the actual dimensions of the tires in question?
Since we know the size of the fender opening, and the width and offset of the wheels, the only missing numbers are those of the tire.
With that knowledge and a tape measure, I could tell if they'll fit or not.

For reference, this minor trimming was done to accommodate 35s (in reality they were not 35 inches tall) on wider wheels with stock suspension. Not that it matters if the suspension is stock or lifted, if the springs still DSCN0466[1].jpgmove.