• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10,000 lb winch questons.

O.D. Fever

OK I searched but could find no info. The load holding brake on the 10 ton winch was locked up by rust causing the shear pin to snap. Pulled the cover and removed the adjustment bolt and freed the shoe, cleand it all up. The question is about the spring or springs. My spring came out in many pieces. Are there 1 spring or two? does one go in between the lugs on the shoe and another on the outside of the shoe lug? Or is there only one spring, does it go between the lugs of the shoe or against the housing and shoe. If I had to guess there must be 2 springs.. Any help would be great, a picture would be better. Thanks Joe

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming you're talking about the 10K winch that goes on a deuce (the thread title says 10,000lb but your post says 10 ton).

I know on a deuce winch there is only one spring. It goes between your brake band and the hole in the housing where the bolt goes.

DieselBob

Here is a view of the brake assembly taken from TM 9-3830-206-34P,DIRECT AND GENERAL SUPPORT, REPAIR PARTS LIST, (INCLUDING DEPOT MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCES) WINCH ASSEMBLY, available in the resource section. Only shows 1 spring.

Attachments

O.D. Fever

Thanks guys, I looked at the spring pieces and found only two flush ends. So I cut a spring from my spring kit and installed it between the housing and brake shoe. Guess I dont need to take it back apart.:):) Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks