• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10.5v glow plug ???

BobMassive

I brought the truck to my mechanic because i had an ac60g swell flatten and become stuck in the block. After removing it he recommended the ac13g as they draw less power, less likely to swell. but also said that because the plug is rated for 10.5v that i need a resistor to drop voltage from twelve to 10.5. Ive never heard of this on this site or anywhere else. Am i being bamboozled? the 24 volt resistor has been bypassed and is not a concern. PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AC60G are your best choice, in my opinion.

You do not need to add a resistor. They will work with a stock system or a system that has been resupplied with 12v.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not needed, and it would actually inhibit your starting.

If you look deep enough, you should find that the AC9, AC11,AC13, and AC60G GPs are all "rated" at 10.5 volts. That's just the standard. No worries on your 12V supplied truck.

mutt1966

ditto on the AC60 I have the resistor bypassed on mine if you pull off one of the wires and check the voltage when power is turned on you will probably have 10.5 thats plenty for those plugs Ive been running AC60's in my '86 GMC and now my '86 M1009 never had one swell. Scott

BobMassive

Thank you gentlemen. ac60g was my first choice and ill be sticking with those. hopefully the swollen one i had was just a fluke and not indicative of a larger problem.