• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 hours in my 5 ton toaster moving trucks

Blythewoodjoe

I left home yesterday at 04:10 to head to Athens, Georgia with a Deuce I sold to an un-named gentleman, loaded behind my M818. Took five hours to get there, 3.5 hours to unload and reload with a couple of old fords (gtb's) and 5 hours home. My butt was so sore it hurt to sit down and eat. I was tired. Anyway here's a few pictures of the activity. The bobbed 5 ton pulled the trailer very well. I installed a converter for the lights and brake box. Brake box works very well and I could use the lever on the steering column to activate them for easy slowing on hills. The lights were run through 3 transformers. One for each wire going back. Drove in the dark for 3 hours and everything worked great. Except the AC. It was hot coming home. Very glad we had equipment to load and unload with.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on a safe recovery. You always seem to have a way with getting square pegs in a round hole Joe (32' of stuff on a 25' trailer)! By the way, it looks like the G, T and about half of the B are missing on your GTBs.