• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton M123 A1C & 10 Ton M123 E2 Rescue

Dirt71

Think I mentioned these two 10 Ton's before...but setting up shipping on the 2 of them as I write this. Can't stand the thought of them being scrapped. I really want to make the E2 live again but it's going take the most work to do so....

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always thought the 6x6 10-tons were cool - looking forward to seeing where this project goes!

Are they as wide as bridge trucks? That doesn't look very over-width looking at the lowboy 🤔
They are overwidth...114" wide if my memory is correct...it has been a while since I've owned one (M125).

Dirt71

Ripped into the A1C....OMG!! First thing I did was air up the 2 front tire's...then went to cleaning of the top of the engine and transmission. Once I went through and took care of some wiring issue's I realized the starter solenoid was bad so had to pull the starter off and put another on I had. (I promise this no fun on a 10 ton) Also had to put a new fuel solenoid on the pump because the wire lug was broke off and they had the manual screw turned in so they could run the truck but I was not taking that chance cranking this engine for the first time after 20+ yrs and not having a way to shut it down...to make thing's worse the clutch was also stuck so putting it in gear to stall it out was not an option. Anyway at the end off a couple day's effort the engine fired off and sound's great, got the clutch freed up and moved it around a bit...very pleased with the way the engine sound's and run's...this truck is going to be a donor for the M123-E2 but I have to stop right here get back on my M125-A1.... my goal is to make it to the First Florida Chapter MVPA Show they have each year in Green Cove Springs in February 2023...but I just had to know if this engine was good or not first :D :D :D :D

Attachments

HDN

Lots of grass on that drivetrain, like they've been sitting so long the lawn started growing on top of them :LOL:

No wonder you had a such a hard time getting to stuff in that engine compartment - there's barely any room left! I suppose that's what happens when you re-use sheet metal from smaller trucks and keep putting bigger stuff under it :p

Well tire's are tire's....but there are some useable one's with nice meat on them but they all come with cracking some worse that other's....
Makes me wonder how thick the sidewalls are. I know the Michelin XZL 395s have half-inch-thick sidewalls. I've heard that the older big military tires are pretty thick, like "you can't tell it's flat" thick.

Dirt71

Ok, I put the tractor's to rest and I'm getting back on the M125-A1.... Yes as you can see in the pic's my house need's some restoration it's self, but a man has got to have his priorities :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks