• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton wheels on 5 ton?

armytruck63

They might fit, but 10-ton wheels are 24 inches in diameter. Tires this size are not easy to find and are expensive. A better choice might be some 22.5 inch civilian wheels.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
He might mean the hemtt wheels, the 123/125 wheels will not fit, bigger lug pattern

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coker tire is making brand new 11.00x20 NDCC tires, we always hope that one day they buy the molds for the 14.00x24 tires that the M123 uses, but even if they did it would be horrendously expensive for new tires....

KsM715

I know where there are 7 tires cheap. Im pretty sure they are 10 ton tires. A guy up the road said someone sold them to him cheap, said they would fit his dump truck. When he got them home he realized they were 24inch rim tires. IIRC he asked if I wanted to buy them for $100, one brand new the rest were 70-80%

This was a few weeks ago and I didnt pay much attention after he mentioned the size. Do I need to go back to him and take a look at them for certain? I'd get them if I new someone here could use them.

Andy1234

This was a few weeks ago and I didnt pay much attention after he mentioned the size. Do I need to go back to him and take a look at them for certain? I'd get them if I new someone here could use them.
Yes, YES YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpin:

I myself need at least 6 of the 14.00 x 24's, and I know a few others who will gladly take the remainder.

Andy

Last edited:

TadB

Dont know if anyone is interested.... I've posted a couple of pictures of m123's on the post pictures of 10 ton thread. As I mentioned one of the trucks was scrapped. They made them take all of the tires and wheels off of the truck. I can prob get the wheels and tires cheap. I dont know how much is left of the tires, but the wheels may be useful to someone?

KsM715

Sorry guys, bad news on the tires. They are 11.00 x 24 with highway tread. I didnt see them but he is certain they are military tires but they do not have the ndcc tread, he said they have the same tread you would see on a civy dump truck but they are tube type tires.

One is brand new and the other 6 are 55-60% tread. He said they were a mix of goodyear and mich.

Anyone know what truck would take these size tires?

Andy1234

Sorry guys, bad news on the tires. They are 11.00 x 24 with highway tread. I didnt see them but he is certain they are military tires but they do not have the ndcc tread, he said they have the same tread you would see on a civy dump truck but they are tube type tires.

One is brand new and the other 6 are 55-60% tread. He said they were a mix of goodyear and mich.

Anyone know what truck would take these size tires?
M916, M917 and M920.

Andy

fasttruck

REMEMBER 22.5 AND 24.5 ARE TUBLESS SIZES AND REPLACEDD 10:20 AND 10:22 TUBE TIRES RESPECTFULLY. tHEY ARE HIGHWAY AND NOT CONSTRUCTION SIZE TIRES. m 123 IS 1400x24 TUBE TIRES AND WHILE THE TIRES AFRE SAME AS A m911 THE RIMS ARE NOT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks