• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton winch pics???

OpieNoTool

does anybody have pictures of the winch on the front of a 10 ton?? i have one pic. its black and white of a winch on a 10 ton cargo truck. i would like to have some close ups of the winch and how it mounts to the truck. i belive there the 45,000 lb winches

RF202

Does anyone know if this particular winch has a drum clutch which, when disengaged, will allow the drum to freewheel? Additionally, is this the same winch as found on the back of the wreckers ? Unfortunately, those have to be fed out under engine power.

P.S. - You can always depend on Bjorn to bring out the real facts, pics and --- the research ! (Thanks, Bjorn)

Thanks,
John

AMGeneral

I don't believe it has a drum clutch,on my 123A1C it is power in/out only as is the rear winch on the M62,M543,and M816.They are the same winch just different mounting of the level wind and tensioner.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, reading the -10, it says to pay out cable manually. The tensioner valve is operated, by soldier B, I guess, to keep cable taut while pulling the cable out.
If you want to compare, the model number for the M125 front winch is Garwood M3002680. Drum dia is 7 inches and gear reduction is 45:1.

As usual, at your service,

OpieNoTool

AMGeneral said:
I don't believe it has a drum clutch,on my 123A1C it is power in/out only as is the rear winch on the M62,M543,and M816.They are the same winch just different mounting of the level wind and tensioner.
my rear drag winch on my wrecker the sprocket is on the opposite side than the one in the technical drawing. i thought they were the same too the reason i wanted to see pics is because i have an extra 45,000lb drag winch of a wrecker and was thinking of mounting it on the front of my m543 because its missing the front winch and i hate to see it just sit there, plus who else has one like it :lol: . the only problem i have with it is there is no way to free spool it and i dont always have a second person with me. i know it would be alot of work but i have time.

jeli

You must have arms of iron. Just pulling the cable from the rear wrecker winch wore me out. I don't think you'd get too far. We'd free spool with an M880.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks