• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100% used motor oil fuel.

shannondeese

On the first gen power stroke a 30 WMO/ 70 Diesel or JP8 is the best you can get away with. If you run WVO It has to be run with an auxilary pump to help push it and for every 45 gallons of flitered WVO add 10 gallons of Gas/Diesel/ or JP8. It will run fine with that. The new 6.4 and 6.0 strokes will not run. The 5.9 Cummins will run on the same mix. The 24 valve will not though. The Duramax can if you change the injectors. Hope this helps.

Lonesome715

I have a 7.3 Stroke I was hoping to try this on. But we also have a 5.9 that has not found a home yet. Maybe I will build an old dodge into a tow vehicle.

avengeusa

Here is my first of the batch of centrifuges, in r&d right now, just doing refinements, but it works awesome, I have not applied a heater to it yet, that will be this week, I make 2 bowls, the 8 ish incher, and the 1 inch larger unit, the large one pulls crap out of the oil while it is still cold, it does need to be heated, but i am impressed, it will be a true one pass centrifuge

The body was made for the smaller bowl, and then the inside ring was replaced so i could run the larger bowl for kicks and giggles

I will be making these larger and only manufacturing the large bowl from here on out, i may go even larger, like a 12 inch bowl for killer g's

Runs smooth, and can run for days, it has ran for many hours straight with no issues, once heat is added i am good to go, I will be enlarging the drains for the cleaned oil, and the bowl drain oil, they have not been an issue as of yet, but bigger is better

I am making the inner, and outer housing from 1/8 inch plate steel, these are stout, definitely durable

I put a pic on the page here that shows how one could make a fuge from a couple dog bowls, a motor, and my billet bowl.....

it would work on the cheap

Attachments

Last edited:

avengeusa

no pic of the complete setup yet, I am changing the whole thing, the fuge will sit on top of a 55 gallon drum, next to an elevated 55 gallon drum with a heater in it, turn it on, and walk away.....

so my mess is all disassembled right now, because of the changes we are making.....

The bowl should be cleaned after 55 gallons or so.......

when the oil is poured into the top barrel it should pass through a section of window screen or something like that to keep out the leaves and big chunks of stuff which would plug the oil supply to the fuge.....

simple as can be...

I am trying to get a heater working which will be made from an electric water heater element, with a regulated temp so as not to scorch the oil, once that is all done it could be ran for 24 hours or so between cleanings and process 100's of gallons of wmo/wvo fuel

avengeusa

I am also looking at the bowl being removed to be cleaned, i am not sure it has to be done, wiping with a rag, and off it goes, I will be looking for any ill effects of not removing it, but if it actually has to be removed it is extremely easy to do..... a nut

Lonesome715

I am very interested in buying a plug and play unit. But, there is always a but for what I have planned I am not sure it would work well. I have to draw up a few things and see what I come up with.

avengeusa

I am very interested in buying a plug and play unit. But, there is always a but for what I have planned I am not sure it would work well. I have to draw up a few things and see what I come up with.
what exactly do you have planned, I could modify a unit to fit your needs

stampy

Not much is plug and play but I put my system together and it works great. NICE BOWL! avengeusa! I clean my bowl about every 55gal with a rag while hot and you remove about a 12oz can size of crud (looks like axle grease) from the sides. Avengeusa as a metal fabricator how about making an aluminum tool for the removal of crud? I would buy one of those( if it was cheap):wink:

stampy

The only thing I could think of that could make it any better is some sort of water sensor on the inlet line to shut a solenoid valve to the bowl and shut off the centrifuge. Or a water sensor that would drain only the water off of the heating tank would be awesome!:-D

avengeusa

The only thing I could think of that could make it any better is some sort of water sensor on the inlet line to shut a solenoid valve to the bowl and shut off the centrifuge. Or a water sensor that would drain only the water off of the heating tank would be awesome!:-D
Yeah, a scraper would be nice for cleaning, i am thinking about it already, but molded, hard rubber seems great, I may just have something in mind, send me your addy stampy and i will send you one :-D

a water sensor would be nice.....

I am working to get a heater element going, i have one on the way, but one from a water heater would be fast, and easy to set a temp sensor to turn on the element, i just do not wanna scorch the oil, it is 4500 watts, if i could enclose it in a pipe and then submerge the pipe i think i would be good....

airmech3839

I am running 100% WMO and some cooking oil mixed....cooking oil cuts the smell of burning oil!!

Only issue I have found is it is DEC in GA and the temps are fluctuating from 50F to 34F on and off and some times it will spike up to 75F. It makes starting a little less like adeuce and more like a carburated ford or chevy!!.....longer than usual cranking...maybe thats my filters talking to me or my in tank pump has gone out??? at any rate she hasnt stopped running...it smokes alot more till she is warm and been driven at higher RPMs for awhile.

Maybe a block heater for the colder weather would help. Not sure if that would be a factor.... I will be changing my filters anyway here soon and will note any start up differences!

Tracy

JWNathan

Wow, the wife just sounded excited about me getting a duece because of using WMO! Maybe, just maybe Ill be getting one sooner than I thought. Awsome setups guys, shoulda asked for a fuge for x-mas instead of tires.
-Jesse

noel.isaac

Farm show magazine www.farmshow.com frequently has guys like us who have built engine oil cleaning units in order to filter oil for fuel in trucks and tractors. I haven't read very many of the posts in this thread, however i would seriously consider filtering the oil to 5 microns and 2 if possible, as well as heating the oil to rougly 140 or more before it gets to the pump and injectors, much like is done with waste vegetable systems. Other frequent burners of Waste engine oil dont reccommend more than a 50-50 mix, but I'm not going to tell someone else what to do with their truck. Good luck, and don't forget to pay the per gallon fuel taz to the state for on-road use.

avengeusa

A block heater is a good idea when using wmo in the winter, I am currently running in the tank

50%umo
25% diesel
25% gasoline

starts as good as it does with straight diesel

I added the diesel because i wanted to top it off, but I ran straight umo through a fuge and used it all summer long, yup, 100%

airmech3839

Resurrecting thread....I changed my filters in Dec....and just changed my primary only this time and now I am having hesitation issues...just drained filterbowls and found alot of water....some must have slipped in when getting some oil....or from condensation buildup....she must want her secondarys changed...gonna go get those and try that....I will pot findings...only found thewater in the last filter bowl on the Secondary....

This only started after last fill up....I do prefilter but it is a cheap setup...may not be catching everything....

Note: I drive my deuce everyday and have been running 100% WMO with desiel added when I get some spare cash.... but useally no more than 40 gallons in a month....I put about 400 miles on her in a 10 day period....

srodocker

i have been running about 10gal per tank fill. and adding it as i go along and when i get it. im starting to get a lot of people handing me oil so i need to get a way to store it :mrgreen:

also will heating oil work for the deuce as well as vege? i was asked today and im sure i can but not sure how much i can burn...i think i may have a nice supply of vege oil as well

Last edited:

airmech3839

go easy on the veg.....filter and filter....I only add about 1-5 gal when I get it....just to make truck smell good when running down the road....it has a tendancy to cause problems if you burn it straight for a long period....

That said when I had nothing else to use and I needed enough to go to work I used about 7gal of WVO and it will run....just threw some alcohol in about a quart to take care of any water....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks