• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1000 miles in a 923 -Flying in...advice?

jarhead1086

Thanks guys. I will try to answer all the questions on my incomplete post in one go:

The trip is from Denver Colorado to Missoula Montana. I have a Power Twist coming just in case. The ticket was $400 leaving $2100 to pay for fuel to drive 1000 miles. I figure fuel will run about $500 and I hope to sleep in/under the truck. Should be about a 22 hour drive so roadside Zzzz will be required. I can't haul a chainfall on the plane...well I don't think I can. I will pre-check and list all the wreckers, SS members and Mobile tire shops along the way as that sounds like a great thing to have handy.

-Ken
If you decide on coming through Ogden UT you are welcome to crash at my place. I am right off I-15 on your way north and we have a lot of spare parts around here. I owe this favor back to the SS community because I received this myself. I had a very negative first recovery experience with Barstow GL but an SS member in Vegas made it turn around. Phone support from MarkMontana was also a big help. I will PM my contact. I drive through Plains on occasion too, I'm a Whitefish born MT boy.

acme66

923 converted to SS. I made it home in about 26 hours, 985 miles with 3-4 hours of sleep in Billings. Truck ran like a champ the whole way. Cost me $680 in fuel and averaged 7.5 MPG. Drove most of it 50-55, ever exceeded 60mph. You get an understanding of how big Montana is when you drive it at 55mph. Will update with video.