• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 is getting lighter

DCBM38

How hard was it taking the radio rack and wiring out? I have one comming that has the same set up I want it gone.

BobM

How hard was it taking the radio rack and wiring out? I have one comming that has the same set up I want it gone.
It was pretty easy really. The radio rack has a lip on the rear side that has 3 or four bolts/screws in it. You unscrew the power cord from the power distribution box that is fastened onto the rack and then wiggle the rack out.
The power cord must come out from the front and up thru the bed floor. The connector that screws into the distribution box is too big to go down thru the hole in the bed floor. The power cord is fastened to the 24V power strips on the firewall. They are the same lugs that feed/recieve power from the built in jump-start plug.
There were 4 clamps securing the power cord to the frame.

BobM

how heavy was the stuff coming out of the back of the m1008?
I didn't weigh it of course, but I'd guess the seats are about 70-80 lbs a side and the shelving was about the same. Probably about 200 to 240 lbs total would be my guess. The truck looks smaller to me without the seats/racks on it. Now I have room to put one of my four wheelers in it!:grin:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks