• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 Stereo Install

danochamp

I want/need to install a stereo, the problem is I have no idea where to mount it, how to install it, and how to hook the speakers up to it.

So if you guys could help me out that would be great. :)

blitzengine

You are probably tired of listening to motor by now, especially after a few miles! Go to crutchfield and look up Item #176GM16 it will help you with the radio instalation. The radio will be installed right below the volt meter, be prepared to do some cutting nothing major. You could also use Item #120999000 if you don't want to do any cutting. As for the speakers you can install them under the dash you will have to remove it in order to install the speakers, cruthfield also carries brackets (Item #120823000) to help with the instalation. Or you can install them on your doors. Hope this helps.

Goose2448

In my Civvy I mounted my new stereo under the dash. I used the approite size CB Bracket. I will need to get pics. I drilled one hole and used an existing hole. I was luckly enough to be able just to splice into the existing harness. It is in a good spot from the drivers seat. The rest others can help with.

danochamp

You are probably tired of listening to motor by now, especially after a few miles! Go to crutchfield and look up Item #176GM16 it will help you with the radio instalation. The radio will be installed right below the volt meter, be prepared to do some cutting nothing major. You could also use Item #120999000 if you don't want to do any cutting. As for the speakers you can install them under the dash you will have to remove it in order to install the speakers, cruthfield also carries brackets (Item #120823000) to help with the instalation. Or you can install them on your doors. Hope this helps.
Do you have any photos of this? I like the Idea for only 20 bucks but would like to see it.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks