• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 Submodel

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
D30 but they are still going to look at you like a deer In the headlights. For the parts tbat interchange, tell them you have a 1984 K 30. Regardless of the year of your truck, use 1984. Ron a driving wheelchock is better than nice non driving big truck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I could not pass up the opening, it was a fight but my kinder/gentler self lost.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, your looking for the trim package. There were 6. The D-30 was the Custom. Others include the Custom Deluxe, Cheyenne, Cheyenne Super, Scottsdale and Silverado.

86m1028

I know it's a K30. That would be the model. I'm talking about the sub model i.e. silverado, scotsdale, custom, etc.
Turn around walk out of the place & go to a REAL auto parts store.

Depending on what your after parts wise...

84 K30 custom deluxe non a/c 6.2 (j code).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Closer to a custom than a custom deluxe. Being military the trim option was unique to that truck. A little snipet, as you can see, its a little of both but not either;

Custom, the base model trim, included white-painted bumpers and mirrors, standard painted hubcaps and no taillight or tailgate moldings. The next trim level was the Custom Deluxe, with a padded bench seat and arm rests, courtesy lights, a padded dashboard, sun visors and stainless-steel grill moldings.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dash pad says Custom Deluxe. I thought all CUCV dashes did.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does Eric. If you look at the items that the trim level contained you will find our trucks consistent with none of it. There was a specific trim level for the D series and it doesn't really have a name. When I get home I'll fetch the number off the truck and post it. For obtaining parts and such, the use of either will get you what you need. Any parts house that requires a trim level selection gets crossed of my list of parts stores I use. A good counter man is getting very hard to find.

chevyCUCV

A good counter man is getting very hard to find.
Its impossible, everything has to be on the computer.
One guy tried to tell me that clear fuel line did not exist. When i showed his a piece of the slightly yellow line(blanking on the name) he told me that it looked like that because someone had put fuel though clear tubing.
aua

MyAngry85

In my little experience, LMC is a good place when it comes to cosmetics like window seals and such. Just didn't want to order the wrong part they had a few different rear window seals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks