• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 Submodel

I think all the rubber was the same no matter what trim just a matter of a chrome strip around the front and rear windows 73-80 chevy gmc and 81-91 chevy gmc trucks(standard cab,crew cab, suburbans Fullsize blazers(K5).I have 2 military m1008s and 2 Civiy trucks both of which are just above the military m1008 because they are gas and they have ac.Other than that my 87 Gmc Sierra swb looks identical (red or maroon interior with manual windows) to my m1008s and 87 chevy custom deluxe swb was a fleet truck for carolina power in its previous life. It has tan interior with manual windows and is a work truck as it was painted white.I have often wondered if thats what color all our M1008s were before they got Carc green on the line.Only reason i say this my airforce m1008 has a bunch of flakeing paint on the dash and its white behind it.I know its the orginal cab becuase the carc is everywhere. As for the parts it depends on what ya wont your truck to look like.;)

Last edited:
Standard is probably a complete rubberstrip.Custom is a rubberstrip with a black insert.Chrome well exactly what it says. :] It really only comes down to what you want your truck to look like if you want it to look a silverado than buy the silverado trim. Personally the m1009 and m1008 look really awesome with no chrome like they came from gm but thats just me .As stated above in my post the only diffrences were the span of years.;)

Last edited:
No problem, I have had the displeasure or pleasure(depending on how you look at it lol) of taking a many 73-91 Chevy gmc standard cab crew cab and suburban and k5 blazers apart so i have learned alot.I know alot more could probably fill up a few pages lol.;)

Yes its a good thing sometimes :]

It's always good to hear what other people have learned

Yes,That it is, I didnt have a choice i drive used trucks so 95%of the time parts from something i have tend to end up on the daily driver lol. Now something im just learning and i will admit i need help with is the axles on the m1008s but other than that im doin pretty good.Though with the amount of money spent so far you couldnt look at the truck and tell hahah.Im going to start my own buisness.(Money Pit MotorSports) Gotta love the old chevys.:]

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, your looking for the trim package. There were 6. The D-30 was the Custom. Others include the Custom Deluxe, Cheyenne, Cheyenne Super, Scottsdale and Silverado.

In the civilian market Chevrolet pickups dropped the Cheyenne interior package after 1981. The 3 interior packages for 1982 and later in the C/K pickups were the standard interior which was known as the Custom Deluxe, the next uplevel option was the Scottsdale, and the optional top of the line Silverado.

The civilian GMC versions beginning in 1982 were the Sierra, the High Sierra, and the Sierra Classic.

I personally have had a few 81-87 Chevy silverados that i fixed.But after owning the Bare Boned M1008s i fell in love.I guess im just a simple guy,Really airconditioning cruise control are all good things but when it comes down to it anyone can own a silverado.But not everyone wants to wrench on and old 25+ year old truck thats probably been rode harder than a hooker in the red light district lol
.I think both my m1008s have more character than any other truck i have owned.;) Not to mention they are more fun to drive :] Just something about a truck that rattles hahah.Real trucks dont have sparkplugs.

Last edited:

tuckered

I think all the rubber was the same no matter what trim just a matter of a chrome strip around the front and rear windows 73-80 chevy gmc and 81-91 chevy gmc trucks(standard cab,crew cab, suburbans Fullsize blazers(K5).I have 2 military m1008s and 2 Civiy trucks both of which are just above the military m1008 because they are gas and they have ac.Other than that my 87 Gmc Sierra swb looks identical (red or maroon interior with manual windows) to my m1008s and 87 chevy custom deluxe swb was a fleet truck for carolina power in its previous life. It has tan interior with manual windows and is a work truck as it was painted white.I have often wondered if thats what color all our M1008s were before they got Carc green on the line.Only reason i say this my airforce m1008 has a bunch of flakeing paint on the dash and its white behind it.I know its the orginal cab becuase the carc is everywhere. As for the parts it depends on what ya wont your truck to look like.;)
At Palmerola, Air Base in Honduras, 1988. Some folks had some cucv's that were white, tan, red, etc, all in 100 % civie colors. They were never painted camo or OD or other military colors, outside or inside. Despite being military duplicates (even had blackout lights). "Civilian" US gov personnel were using them. They were not giving to the Contra rebels,