• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 body tub

JAsher45

this winter i plan on starting to do all the body work to my 09. the weather and the roads here in iowa have not been to kind to my body. The cancer (rust) has got very bad on the floor pan,kick panels fenders and just about every where you can think of on the tub. i was thinkin about geting another 09 from GL but i have looked at the ones that will be coming up here in iowa and the are a little better then what i have ... not rusted out.... but would hate to canibalize a perfectly good truck for the cause. ... would it be wrong of me to use a civy body tub to replace my worn out one. yes yes i know i could cut them out and replace but i can get a rust free tub for 1500 and start over from scratch. whats your guys opinions?

JAsher45

well thanks for the feed back guys. i think that is the route i am going to go. it will be more cost effective in the long run... this way i can get it blasted painted and x-lined before it goes on the chasis

jimm1009

That is a good way to go.
I purchased one in Colorado a few years ago and since they can not use rust on the road it was in very good condition.
Somewhat cost prohibitive to go that far again but it was good at the time.
jimm1009

HAWKMAN

What do you mean by "tub"? A cab? I have a 88 chevy that has bad rust. Looks like an 87. Just curious. Its a 4whl dr dually dump.Is that a blazer?duh.
Yea, I call a body a "tub" I used to work in an auto salvage yard and we called any stripped body a tub..ie...jeep tub...blazer tub....just my way of thinking on this, on a pick-up truck the cab was the main body part due to it having the VIN, which I do have a decent chevy truck cab if your in need of one.PM me so I don't hijack this tread.

My m1009 had rotted out floorboards and I replaced it with some 14 gauge sheet metal. To be honest the stock floor is a little chessy and replacement panels are even worse. You could do the entire tub of the truck for a couple hundred bucks. I can post some pics if you want. Finding a complete solid floor would probably be easier though, especially if you have a plasma cutter to remove it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks